FYI apparently Emperor Cuomo is at it again...

Sk8man

36 minutes ago, Jimmyi said:

If every sportsman/sportswoman in New York had voted for Astorino four years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I worked with guys who hadn't voted in twenty years.  They were hunters and gun owners and did all kinds of complaining when Cuomo beat Astorino but they never bothered to register and vote.  Guys can get up at four or five in the morning and fish all day or sit in a tree stand but can't take ten minutes to vote. 

I'll be blunt, IT MAKES ME SICK.  

And nobody took your guns away

8 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

$100 flat out not 1/4 of the outlined restrictions in this article are passed.

Who's willing to put their money on some clickbait article

https://bulletsfirst.net/2014/10/13/cuomo-sign-safe-act-2-law-gets-reelected/

Funny fear mongering is an advertising strategy 

I too got sucked in.

9 hours ago, Jimmyi said:

If every sportsman/sportswoman in New York had voted for Astorino four years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I worked with guys who hadn't voted in twenty years.  They were hunters and gun owners and did all kinds of complaining when Cuomo beat Astorino but they never bothered to register and vote.  Guys can get up at four or five in the morning and fish all day or sit in a tree stand but can't take ten minutes to vote. 

I'll be blunt, IT MAKES ME SICK.  

Yup.

Originally, my buddy who is an avid hunter and gun collector sent the article to me in an email addressed only to me - not a spam mail. I didn't investigate it further like I do most of the things sent to me; mainly because I had recently seen an interview with king Andrew on TV. In  the interview he made a number of statements that referred to the SAFE Act being just the start of his actions toward gun control; which he spoke very aggressively about and promised to implement once re-elected. Regardless of the age or point by point accuracy of the article his intentions are VERY clear; and hopefully we won't be caught "asleep at the switch" before the train wreck. I am very aware of the tactic of creating fear and paranoia surrounding emotional issues. Paranoia is an unreasonable, unwarranted fear without a valid basis. After listening to King Andrew this issue does not fit that criteria. I guess I would encourage folks to carefully check into Cuomo's agenda items prior to voting because we need someone truly representing the best interests of ALL of the state's citizens with tolerance for opposing views, and data driven decision making.

.  Utter Trumpian nonsense. Population density MEANS SOMETHING. Upstate big cities are horrible. The more affluent  and educated go where the best jobs are . NOT Buffalo, Binghamton, Syracuse or Jamestown NY.  Or the corn fields. They go downstate. 

We are subject to the downstate policies . The reason all the businesses left the state was because,and  yes it was thriving,  it cost so much to do business here . 

They didn't leave because of the " weather " . 

My well educated son left for north Carolina because he couldn't find a good job up here. Doing great down there. And he is not alone . 

2 hours ago, HB2 said:

We would be a thriving 51st state.  

We need downstate like a hole in the head . 

Like it or not ,but at this point upstate is supported by downstate

No idea what you’re talking about, I think it’s a wonderful place to live and raise a family. Blessed to live here. “Never been great?” It’s always been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

20 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

No idea what you’re talking about, I think it’s a wonderful place to live and raise a family. Blessed to live here. “Never been great?” It’s always been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nobody disputes those facts. But I am thinking about buying property in Costa Rica and enjoying my retirement down there.