Range Finder Question

Jimmyi

Hi Folks,

I want to buy a range finder but have never had one or know anything about them.  I don't need anything fancy or real expensive,  just something that's good from 30 to 200 yards.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Good hunting this year and be safe.

Jim 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, Jimmyi said:

Hi Folks,

I want to buy a range finder but have never had one or know anything about them.  I don't need anything fancy or real expensive,  just something that's good from 30 to 200 yards.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Good hunting this year and be safe.

Jim 

There's tons of them - I have a cheap Simmons and it works great. I never range deer "like they do on TV" while bowhunting b/c it's ridiculous and I'm focused on my bow and concealment and keeping my eye on the deer. During gun, all my shots are within 100 yards so there's no need for it.

Instead, I'll range trees near my stand and create a mental shooting perimeter and a few shooting distances with the tree landmarks.

Good luck - keep it simple

Chris

Thanks for the tips guys.Very good info.  My buddy picked one up at a gun auction a few days ago and gave it to me for helping him out at the gun show a couple of weeks ago.  It's a Bushnell Yardage Pro.  I guess it's an older model but it is like brand new condition.  I put a new battery in it and it works fine.  I've lucked out the last 3 weeks.  Won a Rapala fishing pliers at a gun raffle, bought a 25 cal. automatic for $50.00 at the gun show.  The sales tag was upside down and no one bothered to check it out.  Then I get a free range finder.  I need to buy some lottery tickets.