Cayuga Cayuga 10/7

A busy weekend but finally had a chance to get out on the water this afternoon.  Could not convince my daughter to come along so a solo trip.  Didn't expect the North wind to create such a chop but it was a nuisance until I was heading back when of course, it died down.  

Found some Lake trout, (including the bookends in the picture) that were all over the white flasher/fly combo on the chute copper.  Couldn't make anything happen with spoons and no active silvers, not even a Skippy. 

Ended up a nice couple hours on the lake.....way better than the alternative of watching the Giants lose again!!

image.jpg

• Like 1

My baby is headed back home tomorrow sitting on the trailer...taking my first crack at a shrink wrap job on my own in next week or two ...I will say winterizing an etec two stroke outboard makes me so happy I bought this boat... done in two minutes at the ramp before pulling...just have to do the main water system bilge pumps and wash down pump and shes ready for layup....sigh...sorry to see the season closing ....

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United