carpet alternatives

The vinyl in my crestliner is pretty good but she can get a bit slippery with a large amount of fish slime/blood. It's a trade-off and I think people sometines exaggerate how slick it is especially if it's just water which I find presents no issue. I would imagine there's many different manufacturers of vinyl out there and I'm sure they're all different tho

Anyone ever use spray on bed liner stuff, I have an aluminum floor and considering this, up the gunnels, and all. I did a roll on by Grizzly in a open air Jeep that is holding up great so I think it would be fine in the boat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by scobar

Kiwi grip is what I put on my deck...you use a textured roller and you control how much traction you end up with. It is designed for boats specifically. I put the first coat on directionally with a notched trowel so it would clean a little easier.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 months later...

Anyone ever use fake teak/wood flooring? im gonna redo my 18ft lund but would like to know what the best floor to use is, been looking at infinity woven vinyl... its going in a fishing boat so its gotta be stain resistant.. Anyone use or have any reviews on theirs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Light colored bedliner will work great...

So will plain old deck paint that has a bit of sand sprinkled on it.. Thats the way it was done by mariners/navy men  for hundreds of years.. let the deck paint get tacky and sprinkle some fine sand on top. Never understood carpeting in a fishing boat myself.. Rots and keeps the wood its glued to wet so it rots as well.. bob

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I threw the carpets in the house, and I installed vinyl floor, but this is not the most successful idea, especially if you have small children, who can always slip. Plus there are other fringe benefits of carpets, they are much more comfortable and useful, even if they require some. If for you the problem lies in cleaning the carpets and the House, today there are a lot of companies that provide cleaning services for themselves and your house. From the moment I bought back carpets, I tried the services provided by greeleycleaningservice.com, the result was out of the ordinary. This is my opinion formed after some experience

Edited by DestiYemm