Navionics HD Sonar Maps - Now Available for Free on LOU

BlueEye

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/page/lakeontario_map/

The further you zoom in the more detail the maps will load.  This will cover Lake Ontario, the Finger Lakes, St. Lawrence River, etc.  Link above or you can click on the "Maps" link in the main navigation.  Enjoy exploring!

Chad

• Like 2

Hi everyone - thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to hear you like it!

Rookie - I might take you up on that offer.  I know that we have MANY members on LOU from Oswego/Fairhaven area that have asked me in the past to setup a  camera there but we never had a property close enough to the water with internet access to accomplish this.  Are you right on the water and do you have internet access there year round?  If so, is it broad band internet?

Thanks again -

Chad

1 minute ago, BlueEye said:

Hi everyone - thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to hear you like it!

Rookie - I might take you up on that offer.  I know that we have MANY members on LOU from Oswego/Fairhaven area that have asked me in the past to setup a  camera there but we never had a property close enough to the water with internet access to accomplish this.  Are you right on the water and do you have internet access there year round?  If so, is it broad band internet?

Thanks again -

Chad

Yup right on the lake. 100' of frontage. Spectrum internet on year round

On 10/10/2018 at 10:41 AM, BlueEye said:

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/page/lakeontario_map/

The further you zoom in the more detail the maps will load.  This will cover Lake Ontario, the Finger Lakes, St. Lawrence River, etc.  Link above or you can click on the "Maps" link in the main navigation.  Enjoy exploring!

Chad

You couldn't add the sonarchart button on the bottom left corner?

If you have a Screen Print function on the computer (or Screen Print program) you can also zoom to the detail you wish on the lakes and then save the screen prints for ice fishing etc. for the lakes that you fish so that you have them immediately available to review. I set them up in folders by lake and store specific detailed individual areas I fish on them.

Edited by Sk8man

3 hours ago, Sk8man said:

If you have a Screen Print function on the computer (or Screen Print program) you can also zoom to the detail you wish on the lakes and then save the screen prints for ice fishing etc. for the lakes that you fish so that you have them immediately available to review. I set them up in folders by lake and store specific detailed individual areas I fish on them.

I use my Navionics App; no paper for me.

Yes Wally I don't often print them out I just maintain them in a folder in the computer and review them (e.g. in winter) before fishing for potential  spots and that way I don't have to keep calling them up in the browser and zooming in etc. they are already there and ready while at home. These are lakes I know very well and I use my depth finder and mental map of landmarks while out there to find spots

P.S. I have a smartphone ....but I hate phones period :lol: I do use it primarily just as a phone and occasionally in concert with my Fishawk XD4 on the boat though

• 3 weeks later...

I have a garmin 73 DV came preloaded with lake maps. It has nowhere near the accuracy of the above map.

Would a Garmin Bluechart G2 vision HD  VUSO42R/Great lakes -010-C1122-00  Be the chip I need to get

the accuracy of the above map? Or is it the same chip that comes preloaded in the 73DV.  There are several chips of that number on ebay.

Any suggestions on the correct chip number? Im probably not computer literate enough to update my Garmin .