Land Locked Kings

stan

Out here on the west coast, the Kings are going to start staging in the next couple of weeks. My question is, what do you all find better. Spoons or stickbaits for these staging Kings ? Please be specific on colors and brand. Now are lakes are not clear like yours. 2 feet visibility at the most. Thanks for any help.

I would run flashers and flies and j-plugs. With colored water the attractors will do there job. I like protrolls with e-chips in bright colors and white for staging kings. Any chartruse or white flys will work good. Glow colors are good also in stained water. If I was limited to spoons or stickbaits I would run Magnum Northern King spoons also in bright colors as well as glows and size 13 Raplalas. My favorite color in these is Firetiger for staging kings.

Good luck.

Glen

Oh yes I know the j-plugs and do use them. The record King of of my home lake is 18lbs. The ave around 4-5 lbs.My best on Shasta Lake is 8.2 lbs . See out here we all used rolled shad. now I have gotten into spoons , flies and dipsy divers, I have been out fishing most. Even some of my guide ( capt's ) friends. I have in the past used the white color