for sale : usa (2) Cannon Digi-Troll 10 Downriggers For Sale - 1 Season worth of use.

3 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Yes. Someone can rescind months after and PayPal immediately takes the money from the seller. It becomes a nightmare for the seller and customer service at PayPal is a joke.
For what it’s worth I sold over 400k online last year alone, I’m talking from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yup we get customers on a semi regular basis stating "transaction not approved" or something of that nature months after the sale.

The key with PayPal is to have proof of delivery. If you have verified delivery confirmation (tracking) PayPal will side with the seller and put the money back in your account. Its still a hassle though.

On any big ticket item a few bucks for "signature confirmation" is money well spent. 

Oh yeah nice riggers at a nice price! When I rigged the new boat last year I took a hard look at this same model ended up going in a different direction.

Had Cannons on previous boats with no issues ever.

Edited by rookie fisherman

Yup we get customers on a semi regular basis stating "transaction not approved" or something of that nature months after the sale.
The key with PayPal is to have proof of delivery. If you have verified delivery confirmation (tracking) PayPal will side with the seller and put the money back in your account. Its still a hassle though.
On any big ticket item a few bucks for "signature confirmation" is money well spent. 

I shipped six pieces to Texas. Customer signed delivery receipt, left positive feedback and two months later said she only received partial shipment with damage. Two months later! $9500 immediately out of my account.
Huge pain getting my items back and they came back damaged. Complete scam. Customer just wanted to use my stuff and then return it.

1 minute ago, whaler1 said:

I shipped six pieces to Texas. Customer signed delivery receipt, left positive feedback and two months later said she only received partial shipment with damage. Two months later! $9500 immediately out of my account.
Huge pain getting my items back and they came back damaged. Complete scam. Customer just wanted to use my stuff and then return it.

Yeah that sucks to have to deal with that. We ship a few thousand orders a month so we get those too. Typically anything big like that over 3k or so we make sure to talk with the customer on the phone so we are both on the same page about what was ordered and what is expected. If the customer feels to us like something is off we just cancel & refund.

Unfortunately that is the world we live in today. However the internet has given people like us access to customers all over the globe we would not have otherwise. So we take the good with the bad.

I think we successfully hijacked Rich's thread:lol: