Fishing in the Florida Keys

If you are planning to visit the Florida Keys with your family this winter come fish with me.  I offer simple saltwater fishing.  We fish the reef or the gulf for snapper, trout, mackerel and shark.  If the ocean is calm, sail fish and tuna are not out of the question. 

Learn more by visiting:

www.foodchainfishing.com

I live, work and fish out of Marathon.  The fishing is good in January.  The species we would go after depends on: 1 what you want to catch and 2. what the wind/ocean is doing.  To the south, Tuna and sailfish are in the open ocean, but the tradewinds are a persistent 20 mph.  The reef knocks the waves down a bit and with a decent current we can fill the limit with yellow tail and mutton snappers, we can also target sharks and 'cuda for fun.  To the north, in the Gulf, several wrecks offer fantastic action on mangrove snapper, Spanish mackerel and we can occasionally find sea trout on the grass beds.   The gulf offers non stop action and the skill is getting the bait to the target fish before a different species grabs it.  The Gulf waters are on the leeward side of Marathon and are fishable most days as the prevailing wind here is ESE.  The long and short of it is, the fishing is good here.