Batteries for Dummies

waterlogged

I liked that "for Dummies"title that I saw on another post so here goes.

Group 24 vs. Group 27 - 12 Volt batteries

Autocraft Marine vs. DieHard Marine

(price difference is negligible)

Is Bigger Better and is it worth the DieHard name.

We are going to buy a couple new batteries and wonder if it is true "Brand Name" is better or not?

I value all opinions and hope they will be one sided to make my decision earier.

Thanks,

Clarke

Bass and Walleye boats magazine did an write up about bateries towards the end of last year. They had the specs and prices on every battery available. After closley observing this I realized I was alreadys buying the biggest bang for my buck at Wally world. Everstart Maxx series 29. Cold cranking amps, longevity, and every other category this battery was in the top 5%. I have used them for years as my Trolling motor batteriues and never had a problem with them.

I dont think you specified what you were using the batteries for thoguh? Are they going to be deep cycles or cranking? The ones mentioned above are deep cycles, although they do make a cranking battery too. The Everstarts are also priced resonablly.

MuskyBob,

Thanks for the link. WOW what a lot of info to digest but it's excellent.

Clarke

Glad you liked it. After reading it last year I swapped out my 2 12v on my camper for 2 6v golf cart batteries. They last a lot longer than my 12's. I'm thinking about changing my trolling batteries on the boat next. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Good call on the battery site there (can man), between reading dan keatings books on trolling ,the battery website ,and gasoline research, im mentally and mechanicly ready for 2007, now if i can remember what i read on those 500 pages of keatings books ,200 pages of fishfinder manual and sacrafice my beer money for high test and better batteries,i hope those fish are gonna hold up there end of the deal for 2007 or im taking up needle pointing, or knitting,see ya at the craft show, fellas.