Season on Cayuga

Taughannock State park has permanent docks and runs a bubbler through the winter to keep the launch and marina ice-free.  Like Darkwater said though, it gets low

Edited by Big Spoon

Water is dropping as we speak and will really drop in the next few weeks. They have removed the bouys from the north end of the lake to prepare to drop the lake level. I keep my boat at frontenac marina and they called me Friday to tell me it was time to get it out or I might not be able to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We used to winter fish a lot  ,seems like the best bite was first week of deer season. Small suttons on top off planerboards trolled slow did the trick.

Had a couple hard learned lessons winter fishing. It takes only a small  layer of ice at the launch to break the transducers off the back of the boat.Another time we were out fishing and it started to snow we laughed about it as we were in an enclosed cuddy with a propane heater. It snowed enough they salted the roads.Road salt and boats dont mix. Ate the wireing out of the trailer rusted the chrome on the boat just a big mess.

I dont winter fish any more.

Used to launch out of deans cove or Treman on the S end . There used to be a sandbar at the end of the docks at Treman dont know if its still there.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, lily said:

Water is dropping as we speak and will really drop in the next few weeks. They have removed the bouys from the north end of the lake to prepare to drop the lake level. I keep my boat at frontenac marina and they called me Friday to tell me it was time to get it out or I might not be able to

You need to change your home port on your avatar:lol: We used to keep our boat at Frontenac when the Castelli's owned it. Used to like it a lot back then. Came back for awhile after they sold it. Ended up on Lake Ontario the last 4 years. New owners at Frontenac seemed like nice people for the couple of years we spent there before going to Lake Ontario. How do you like it there?

I like it there the people are friendly. I only kept my boat there for the last month and a half but plan to be back next year. I didn't get my new to me boat until the 1st part of September. As far as changing my port name I couldn't figure out how to do it. I struggle enough just posting things to the site. I've tried numerous times to become a pro member and always get lost. I had to open a new a count on my cell phone because I forgot my password