Bad start to the day .....

bout time

Get to my stand about 25 minutes before legal light. Climb up, get strapped in and get all situated. As I sit down my elbow knocks into my bow and down it goes 20 +\- feet. The arrow snaps in half and the string comes off, quiver goes flying etc.

I packed up and got down, picked up all the pieces and head home. I loosen the draw weight, put it In the clamps and get the string back on. Next I have to reinstall the peep as that also came out. Tighten the draw weight back up after giving the limbs a thorough inspection. Take it outside a small adjustment on the peep and it’s hitting dead on.

Back in my stand for the afternoon. I sure as hell hope it goes better than my morning did.

'Bout Time

Mike

Just to keep it im perspective it could have been a whole lot worse. One of my buddies while in his early thirties fell out of his stand and ended up paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his adult life.

Knocked my bow out of my stand last year 1 day into a week off for hunting. Mine hit the bottom rung of the ladder though and cracked a limb. Somehow I stopped at a bow shop down the road to inquire how long it would take to get a set of limbs, he said probably 3-5 days then all the sudden stood up and walked to the back of the shop. Someone had ordered a set of heavier limbs for their bow of the same model and never picked them up. Glad it worked out quickly for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Been there done it with respect to dropping something out of the stand. Got a great gift one year. A hook with a wire type rubber arms that wrap around anything. Use it religiously now for bow and gun. I don’t use my in stand holder anymore. Don’t trust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United