Last troll of season ? - Need advice

I may get the boat out on Friday before winterizing for the season, and am looking for advice on a program. 

I will most likely launch out of Sodus or Williamson.

Is my best bet to run a brown program close to shore (browns and maybe steelies), or head out deeper, say 100+, for some non-mature salmon and other species?

If you think I'd be wasting my time on the big lake, and should try a Finger lake, let me know.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

I do not usually stop fishing until Thanks Giving. It usually means that I am completely alone on the lake. That is the main reason why I prefer to stay close under the shore and run a brown program. It feels a bit safer to be able to pack up and leave on short notice. At this point in time the browns are still in front of the creeks, but as the winter closes in, the bigger ones go into the streams while the smaller ones stay in the lake. In  50 feet of water it is usually just below below 50 degrees throughout the column and on a brown program you can expect browns, lakers (out of season), smallmouth and the occasional pike if you get close to a weed bed. So there is a lot of fun to be had.

Good Luck.

I normally would say to try around Ginna Nuke plant in Ontario, but It is shut down for refueling and has no warm water discharge.  Anywhere along the Wayne Co. shoreline would be good following Rolmops suggestions

Edited by UNREEL
Spelling

great time of year to try something different fishing a bay or a fingerlake bass fishing or pike or walleye nice way to change it up for the end of the boating season. this weekend will likely be our last boat trip of the year as well looking to do some pike fishing 

Thanks for the input, guys. I thought I had posted this in South shore Ontario thread, but I guess not.

I was looking at Friday, and it seems the wind is supposed to be a southerly, so I think I will plan on the brown program fairly close, as rolmops suggested.

If you're seeing different wind forecast, please point me to the site, but looks doable right now.

12 hours ago, matt05star said:

Thanks for the input, guys. I thought I had posted this in South shore Ontario thread, but I guess not.

I was looking at Friday, and it seems the wind is supposed to be a southerly, so I think I will plan on the brown program fairly close, as rolmops suggested.

If you're seeing different wind forecast, please point me to the site, but looks doable right now.

Friday looks to be fishable with S winds 8-12. Best day for awhile. Good luck and Be Safe