Furuno I FCV295

final flight

Have a FCV 585 and a 1kw along with a 600 Airmar  (or 650W can't remember ) in hulls ducers. The 650 works better on Ontario, regardless of the depth. Maybe it's ( 1 kw ) too strong, like overpowering small speakers with a oversized amp. Anyway I do not use the 1 KW and have read other post/ replies on here about the that ducer and most of them have the same thoughts. So the issue is the ducer,not the FCV, which is the only brand I will buy .

Edited by Bozeman Bob

1. Your either going to have put in a 8" access port or make a bracket and hang it on the transom. A through hull lays on the bottom of hull and no holes are drilled. A in hull requires a hole cut . If my boats didn't come with in hulls I would of ,mounted them on the transom. Not big enough of a performance difference for me to cut a hole in the hull.
Edited by Bozeman Bob

With an Arima boat you do have a "false " bottom due to the thick closed cell foam layer  that these boats come with. The foam makes it impossible to use a through  hull transducer because the foam is just not the right material for the beam to shoot through. That leaves you with 2 options. Either the transom which works fine while fishing ,but not so good when you go in search mode. Or drill a hole in your boat and go that way. If it is done by a professional than you should be alright. If it is done less than perfect you will end up with water soaked flotation foam  which in an Arimo is a royal pain in the neck.

When you look at the second picture down below , you will see a foam free space and you can possibly drill a hole somewhere in that area.

360.813.3600 [email protected]

CONSTRUCTION

Home CONSTRUCTION

Arima Boats uses the highest quality components!

Our boats are safe, economical, and easy to handle. Arima Boats are designed for smaller engines enabling them to run and plane at very low speeds, reducing gas consumption. They can be towed by smaller, more economical cars and stored easily in most standard garages. Our deep cockpits and wide hulls give you a more comfortable, stable, “I am safe” feeling, allowing you to relax and become one with the environment and the sea, the way boating was intended to be. With an Arima, you can troll straight without holding the wheel, allowing you to concentrate on landing the big one.

CONSTRUCTION-PICS-SMALL-001

Pre-Foamed Liner

Foam filled & Sealed Arima Stringer System

Foam filled & Sealed
Arima Stringer System

Pre-Foamed Hull & Liner Assembly

Pre-Foamed Hull &
Liner Assembly

Foam being filled again between Hull & Liner creates the 'unsinkable' Arima Boat

Foam being filled again
between Hull & Liner creates
the ‘unsinkable’ Arima Boat

Gel Coating

Gel Coating

Laminating

Laminating

Interior Assembly

Interior Assembly

Deck Assembly

Deck Assembly

CONSTRUCTION-PICS-SMALL-009 CONSTRUCTION-PICS-SMALL-010

In addition, launching the boat is a breeze. Since you do not need to back your trailer down to the deepest part of the launch ramp, launching your boat is painless, and you do not need to buy a new truck just because you bought one of our boats. Launch them with the family car!

CONSTRUCTION-PICS-SMALL-011CONSTRUCTION-PICS-SMALL-012  

You demand safety? We provide it! Pictured above left, our main load capacity test. This Sea Chaser is loaded down with 12,000 pounds of lead and is still afloat. Pictured above right, we put holes in the bottom of this Sea Hunter and then loaded it down with 650 pounds of lead. Unsinkable!

Whether you're looking for a new Sea Chaser or Sea Legend, click here to Request A Quote for your new Arima.
Edited by rolmops