Tagged out early

I have mixed feelings on taking a decent buck this morning. On one hand it's the best buck I've killed on this property but it's very early in the season and my buck tags are filled. I do have doe tags for 6g and a doe late muzzleloader tag but don't intend to fill them.

I was watching a doe and two fawns in a big grass field at 8:00 this morning when I heard a grunt and shortly this guy walked up.

Hopefully we will have some nice weather so I can sit some watches with my wife (she's a fair weather hunter) and my son will be up for Thanksgiving.

Guess I'll be doing more waterfowl hunting and some perch fishing this fall.

debec6ac786f2d4adcb2cafcd10bc031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Thanks 1

I would take that deer anytime it gave me a shot. thats a nice buck to have this early in the season. its kida like the old saying, don't leave fish to find fish. in other words don't pass on a nice buck unless you know bigger bucks are in your area.

I got a little 10 pointer on the 2nd day of hunting back 37 yrs ago. I hunt public land and any deer is a good deer. i've taken a few other bucks but nothing better than that 1st little 10 I got. just be thankful your not having license stew this yr.