Brown trout rod and reels

3 hours ago, cuttermag1 said:

I want to get some new rod and reels for browns. I don’t want to use my salmon rods. Want something a little lighter. Any suggestions?

Good call. Tough to find a rod and reel combination that will allow you to boat a 30 lb King and give you any kind of a battle with a 5 lb Brown.

I run Diawa Sealine sg 27 lc's on light action ugly sticks for Browns and they are nice. I just bought a ****load of Shimano 500lc's to upgrade the Diawas and I will be putting the Diawas up for sale on this site when I get a chance. Some are like brand new with a couple trips on them and some have been used quite a bit and have boat rash. Price will range from $50.00 a piece for the boat rashed older ones to $70.00 a piece for the like new reels. If you are interested shot me a PM and I can send you some pictures. All reels have been religiously maintained and work perfectly.

You over at Mikes?

Edited by spoonfed-1

Good call. Tough to find a rod and reel combination that will allow you to boat a 30 lb King and give you any kind of a battle with a 5 lb Brown.

I run Diawa Sealine sg 27 lc's on light action ugly sticks for Browns and they are nice. I just bought a ****load of Shimano 500lc's to upgrade the Diawas and I will be putting the Diawas up for sale on this site when I get a chance. Some are like brand new with a couple trips on them and some have been used quite a bit and have boat rash. Price will range from $50.00 a piece for the boat rashed older ones to $70.00 a piece for the like new reels. If you are interested shot me a PM and I can send you some pictures. All reels have been religiously maintained and work perfectly.

You over at Mikes?

Diawa accudepth 27 lc at Northwoods are usaully priced really good

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I got a couple of those left as well but they are the accudepth plus. The accudepths were junk. The accudepth plus were better but they are not as good quality as the sealine sg's. $40.00 for those if you want them.

I agree I'm slowly upgrading myself to sealines an tekotas but the accudepths plus I've used have held up good for browns an Lakers

I got a couple of those left as well but they are the accudepth plus. The accudepths were junk. The accudepth plus were better but they are not as good quality as the sealine sg's. $40.00 for those if you want them.

Fat Nancy's has a nice 9' rod that quite a few guys are running. I believe they have M and ML. We have the ML, and it makes fighting Spring BT a ton of fun! As for a reel the Daiwa Accudepth or Sealine is more than enough in the 27 size. 

When you go in there ask for Dave and let him know you want to see the BT rods we're running. He'll know which ones. 

The Accudepth Plus' and Sealine SG's are the same reel inside at least for the larger ones (e.g. 57's)

Edited by Sk8man

I saw the Eagle Claw 7 1/2 ft. medium light trolling rods for the unbelievable price of $14.99 each at Northwoods Wholesale Outlet.... I had a set of 4 delivered last week. 

https://northwoodsoutlet.com/product/eagle-claw-starfire/
Get what u pay for with the eagle claws u may get a yr out of them but they don't hold up eyelit inserts are very cheap an fall out .

• 2 months later...