Greenlige

Hop

Not techno enough to supply link, but if you really want to ruin your day, go to finger lakes.com and read that Cumo is giving Greenlidge at Dresden another five years to keep chopping up Seneca lake fish.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hop said:

Not techno enough to supply link, but if you really want to ruin your day, go to finger lakes.com and read that Cumo is giving Greenlidge at Dresden another five years to keep chopping up Seneca lake fish.

I can see your conflict,but as long as we cannot produce enough energy by using solar and wind we must make do with the next best solution. The plant went from coal fired to gas and biomass and although that is less than ideal it is better than coal or oil. Would you rather have had a few giant wind mills on the floating island in the middle of Seneca Lake?

Edited by rolmops

2 hours ago, Hop said:

Just wish DEC would stand up and require the screens, etc. now that will minimize fish loss.

The invasives are one thing as far as having some control over things but this is a solvable problem and one that the DEC should be taking a stand on....

13 hours ago, rolmops said:

I can see your conflict,but as long as we cannot produce enough energy by using solar and wind we must make do with the next best solution. The plant went from coal fired to gas and biomass and although that is less than ideal it is better than coal or oil. Would you rather have had a few giant wind mills on the floating island in the middle of Seneca Lake?

What are you talking about?  Did you read the article or know anything about this power plant?  http://fingerlakes1.com/2018/11/02/greenidge-gets-green-light-as-well-as-controversial-5-year-extension/ . The fact that humans rely on energy really has nothing to do with this.  Greenidge is not following the same regulations that other similar plants do in regards to filters to prevent killing fish and is discharging more warm water then it should since it does not have a closed loop system.  Also dumping leachate from an ash landfill into the Keuka Outlet and then the lake.   Hop is there anyway for you to change the title to perhaps draw more interest to the board?  Maybe something like " Unchecked Environmental Regulations for Seneca Lake Power Plant, Greenidge".  This seems like an important topic and if someone just sees "greenidge" they might not know what that is and not click on it.  The sad part is I bet most people in the area including fisherman on the lake don't even know this plant exists.

12 hours ago, shaneo19 said:

What are you talking about?  Did you read the article or know anything about this power plant?  http://fingerlakes1.com/2018/11/02/greenidge-gets-green-light-as-well-as-controversial-5-year-extension/ . The fact that humans rely on energy really has nothing to do with this.  Greenidge is not following the same regulations that other similar plants do in regards to filters to prevent killing fish and is discharging more warm water then it should since it does not have a closed loop system.  Also dumping leachate from an ash landfill into the Keuka Outlet and then the lake.   Hop is there anyway for you to change the title to perhaps draw more interest to the board?  Maybe something like " Unchecked Environmental Regulations for Seneca Lake Power Plant, Greenidge".  This seems like an important topic and if someone just sees "greenidge" they might not know what that is and not click on it.  The sad part is I bet most people in the area including fisherman on the lake don't even know this plant exists.

You are completely right. I stopped reading too early.

Unchecked Env. Reg. for Seneca Lake power plant Greenidge.