Rodent deterrents

35 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Might be effective but really bad idea. Peoples pets could easily be killed by placement OUTSIDE. It s one thing to place the stuff in a contained controlled area such as a private barn where you have no pets or access by neighbors pets but indiscriminate placement is a very different matter.Not everyone here lives or has property well away from others in isolated areas etc.

All the big name rodent companies have bait stations that prevent what you describe. You simply fill the station and place it under your boat / camper, etc.

Are you sure they are mice and not VOLES? Big difference in behavior and feeding. A few years ago I trapped 68 of them around my house and lawn during the month of March. A couple got in the cellar and I got them on glue boards, but they don't respond to peanut butter and the usual stuff on traps. The ones I trapped outside (before they could get in) I discovered that they have poor eyesight so I carefully checked out every trail they were using and placed standard mousetraps strategically at all Y" s or junctions, near corners of the foundation etc. and I had several each day that bumbled their way into them (NO BAIT). They are much more destructive than mice and they also carry ticks and other "wonderful" things and if they die inside they smell to high heaven.:o Until I discovered what they were I was having little luck with the baited trap approach and that is why I'm mentioning this. Thye look a lot like mice but they have stubbier and thicker tails and smaller ears.

vole.jpg

Edited by Sk8man