Daiwas, convectors or coldwater

I don't know anything about the coldwaters. but have used daiwa sealine daiwa accudepth plus and convectors. the daiwa sealine is the best of the 3. but its kind of a toss up on the accudepth plus and the convectors. I used a set of accudepth plus for yrs and never had any problems. I only used the convectors for fishing our local lake. i've had them for a few yrs but they have been good reels. if money wasnt a big problem i'd get shimano tekota's. but if im on a tighter budget i'd get daiwa sealine sg lc3b reels. if thats still to much i'd p;robably go with convectors then accudepth plus lc3b reels. this is based on my opinion only.

I have used Convectors/Clarions for years for everything (dipsys, lead copper, downriggers, etc) and never had a reel failure.

Years ago Okuma had some less than best drags ( some people still like to bring that up) but that changed when they went to  the Carbonite drag washers 5/6 years ago.

I know off many ways to loose fish, but Convector/Clarion reel failures have not been one of them.

One thing I have found over the years with any fishing gear; how it performs is directly related to how you maintain your equipment.

good fishing,

Jay

I have a 300 and a 250 copper on Clarion 55s that are 3 yrs. old and I notice when running big inline boards on them, the drags either slip or are too tight for my liking. Having the drags too tight with big inlines set to not release will definitely rip some lips and lose some fish. My Diawas seem to have a more finite drag adjustment, IMO.