2018-2019 Ice Season

EsoxAC3

On 11/20/2018 at 7:12 AM, Silver Fox said:

As far as the weather in NY goes for the winter, always look at the Pacific Northwest. When its warm, we're cold and vise versa. You cannot do this in the summer as the jet stream in more "zonal"

Silverfoxcharters.net

Edited by mink
Have not seem this corilleation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 7:35 PM, pikefreak said:

Only problem was trying to find my jig in 90’ of water. Other then that I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's about the only problem with the Humminbird flashers. They lack the power and cone angle to fish past 80'. It's do-able as I fished 130' for LT with it, but it's so much better with the HELIX. You have the power and a wider cone with the ICE HELIX's. However way you slice it, a flasher or a FF WILL help you ice more fish when you're jigging.

BTW....The G2 CHIRP HELIX is a HUGE improvement over the G1 when it comes to target separation.

• Like 1

Uggg. I just looked at several winter forecasts.....not promising. Much of the US is experiencing above average temps. In some instances significantly above average like 40+ degrees. I go up to Chaumont bay for 10 days each winter. Last week I changed the dates from mid Jan to mid Feb. Hope there is ice!! 🤞[emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Sad 1

Even further north on Lake Simcoe, there probably won't be safe ice for a couple of weeks. There is some ice on the Bay of Quinte but it is far from safe! A couple of fellas went through and were lucky that there were some passersby that managed to save them along with Firefighters & Paramedics! IF IN DOUBT, DON'T GO OUT!

https://www.napaneetoday.ca/rss/belleville-firefighters-pull-two-men-from-freezing-waters/

12 hours ago, EsoxAC3 said:

Uggg. I just looked at several winter forecasts.....not promising. Much of the US is experiencing above average temps. In some instances significantly above average like 40+ degrees. I go up to Chaumont bay for 10 days each winter. Last week I changed the dates from mid Jan to mid Feb. Hope there is ice!! 🤞emoji120.png

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I booked one of Amanda's Lodgers first weekend of Feb on chaumont bay.... 

Anybody got some nearby alternatives or should I cancel 

Even further north on Lake Simcoe, there probably won't be safe ice for a couple of weeks. There is some ice on the Bay of Quinte but it is far from safe! A couple of fellas went through and were lucky that there were some passersby that managed to save them along with Firefighters & Paramedics! IF IN DOUBT, DON'T GO OUT!
https://www.napaneetoday.ca/rss/belleville-firefighters-pull-two-men-from-freezing-waters/

They are completely brain dead up there. The chances those people take are insane. I've heard of some unbelievable things they do to get on or stay on the ice.

Silverfoxcharters.net

• Like 1

There is more to safe ice than just the thickness.....the quality and hardness of it are as critical and often ignored and underwaater currents can change things in hours underneath without it being apparent.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

There is more to safe ice than just the thickness.....the quality and hardness of it are as critical and often ignored and underwaater currents can change things in hours underneath without it being apparent.

Absolutely, there are numerous current areas on this body of water which is essentially a big river that comes off lake Ontario! I'll wait!!!