2009 Cannon Rod Holders

Billy V

Cannon will be introducing a new aluminum rod holder set for their riggers in 2009. This fits on the swivel base under the rigger and offers a lot of adjustability. I'll have them on my boat next season so if any of you guys want to see them in person just look us up and I'll happily show them to you. Here's the pic I just got from Cannon the other day:

AdjustableRodHolderDualAxisDownrigg.jpg

They're also introducing a new track mounted rod holder. I believe that this was mentioned in the GLA Buyers Guide:

AdjustableRodHolderDualAxis1907002.jpg

I just put my boat away a few weeks ago and I already can't wait to get it on the water again!

These are the MSRP's. I'm sure you'll find them for less at various retailers when they receive their orders. They should be available over the winter.

Downrigger Mounted Rod Holders $249.99

Rod Holder – Dual Axis $99.99

Rod Holder – Single Axis $74.99

• 1 month later...

There was a big box sitting on my front porch the other day and the new Cannon downrigger mounted rod holders were in it. Merry Christmas to me!! These holders aren't on the Cannon website yet, but I'm told that they'll be readily available at most Cannon dealers soon after New Years.

I finally had an opportunity to snap a few pictures of them to share with you today. My first impression of the holders is that they're built like a tank and are very easily adjusted to just about any position you could ever want. They're good looking and will match your Cannon downriggers prefectly; I can't wait to mount them on the boat.

Cannon_2.jpg

The ratchet looks like it's going to work extremely well; I definitely like that Cannon designed the tip of the ratchet to be replaceable should it ever wear out. The holder adjusts to 6 different positions with just a squeeze of the ratchet:

Cannon_1.jpg

The holder also pivots into 20 different positions by simply depressing the lever on the bottom of the holder and twisting the holder into the position that you want:

Cannon_3.jpg

Once I get them mounted on the boat I'll post some more pictures so you can see how they look under the riggers. I think they're gonna look sweet!

No question that they're not cheap, but they sure are gonna make my Cannons a whole lot more adjustable!

Oh, and since my boat is in a barn, I probably will get up there at some point and install them and snap a few pics prior to the season! ;)