High speed reels for leadcore

I've run Daiwa Saltist for about a decade. The Seagates have been out for a few years. My Saltist are BULLETPROOF, but I've had levelwind issues with most of my Seagates. I recommend high speed reels for rigger rods, divers, leadcores, and short coppers. However, I am not a fan of high speed retrieves on long coppers. The high speed retrieve is a trade off for loss of torque.

For the 200 steel it felt great but I see what your saying for something longer would be a lot of stress on the wrist and forearm I don't run anything more than 300 and even that only in derbys after the Seagate for a season I'm trying to upgrade dipseys to saltist first one should show up next week

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Saltists all the way.  I have both Saltists and Seagates but I would recommend the Saltists long before the Seagates.  The Saltists are bullet proof, have super smooth drags, and very fast retrieval. 

15 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Saltists all the way.  I have both Saltists and Seagates but I would recommend the Saltists long before the Seagates.  The Saltists are bullet proof, have super smooth drags, and very fast retrieval. 

Can't argue with any of that EXCEPT,  when are they going to redesign that that counter that sticks out like a bump on a log. :swear:

8 hours ago, UNREEL said:

Can't argue with any of that EXCEPT,  when are they going to redesign that that counter that sticks out like a bump on a log. :swear:

No need for counters on leadcore so it is a non issue.