All done with Rage broadheads

GAMBLER

17 hours ago, momay4000 said:
you are wrong - see pelt hunter above. There's a proper way to install the collar

FYI - I shoot Muzzy fixed 100grains and have no affiliation with Rage whatsoever, but it's important to install the collar correctly otherwise the blades won't deploy properly

Sorry Chris but you are wrong. Watch the video from Rage. The Pedal is supposed to lock the blade in place to keep the blade in place during flight. The collar is meant to break away on impact. If you line it up in the slots, the blades will deploy during flight. Google Rage crossbow broad heads and watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by GAMBLER

Sorry Chris but you are wrong. Watch the video from Rage. The Pedal is supposed to lock the blade in place to keep the blade in place during flight. The collar is meant to break away on impact. If you line it up in the slots, the blades will deploy during flight. Google Rage crossbow broad heads and watch.

Huh? You originally said there was only one way to install the collar , either up or down. Pelt hunter explains it perfectly. I think this thread needs a rest. Good luck hunting

Huh? You originally said there was only one way to install the collar , either up or down. Pelt hunter explains it perfectly. I think this thread needs a rest. Good luck hunting

The correct was is to align the shock collar so the slots do not align with the blades

Shoot what your confident in Brian. I love my xbow rage broadheads. They fly beautiful out of the xbow. Took a buck yesterday that made the lungs look like mush. Im not in love with the fixed blades out of the xbow, but then again, not a lot of experimenting with them. Maybe you had a 1in a hundred bad luck experience.

Silverfoxcharters.net

The collar slides on locking the blades in. There are slots in the collar to allow for the collar to break on impact. You can put it on correctly and lock the blades in or wrong which would be up side down. That’s what I meant by one way of doing it. What Pelthunter is explaining is wrong according to the Rage tech in the video. You are not supposed to align the slots with the blades because the O-ring will not hold the blades in place during flight. Are Rage Bow broad heads different? Beats me!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The correct was is to align the shock collar so the slots do not align with the blades

Correct because the blades will open during flight. If I had them aligned that way, I wouldn’t have had an issue with the broad head not opening.

The collar slides on locking the blades in. There are slots in the collar to allow for the collar to break on impact. You can put it on correctly and lock the blades in or wrong which would be up side down. That’s what I meant by one way of doing it. What Pelthunter is explaining is wrong according to the Rage tech in the video. You are not supposed to align the slots with the blades because the O-ring will not hold the blades in place during flight. Are Rage Bow broad heads different? Beats me!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
Im not positive if their the same, but i think they may be different because of the speed of the xbow. Im using the xbow version.

Silverfoxcharters.net

I am a rage fan but used muzzys for years before switching. Rural king has the 100 grain bolt package for $30....with a $10 rebate...so for $20 you get 3 bolts..3 muzzys..and 3 field.points. might be worth a try to see how they fly.for you. Bolts are victory brand I think. Screenshot_20181109-175057_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Im not positive if their the same, but i think they may be different because of the speed of the xbow. Im using the xbow version.

Silverfoxcharters.net

I just watched a Rage video on bow broad heads and like the crossbow heads, you don’t line up the slots.

Shoot what your confident in Brian. I love my xbow rage broadheads. They fly beautiful out of the xbow. Took a buck yesterday that made the lungs look like mush. Im not in love with the fixed blades out of the xbow, but then again, not a lot of experimenting with them. Maybe you had a 1in a hundred bad luck experience.

Silverfoxcharters.net

Wolcott? Congrats on the buck!!!

I have had no problems with rage..
Entry hole was the size of my fist....exit was a bit smaller....
I guess I will use em until they fail me.1107181119.thumb.jpeg.2a3440ed98820d66e7c5b9a448e5c7d2.jpeg1107181119a.thumb.jpeg.4a59f2c6552721720f76faafd74cc13b.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They fly great and been good for me in the past. Seeing a broadhead not open and punch through a deer leaving pin drops of blood has my confidence in them in the toilet. I ended up buying Montec G5 this afternoon. Now I will be spending time in the back yard sighting back in again.

Are we done now, boys? Because I've been up for three hours now, and I think it's taken my two of those to get through this mess of a thread. It's almost time to go hunting.

The well-documented advantages/disadvantages of mechanical versus fixed blades are amplified in an X-bow. I'm hunting with my compound because I'm more comfortable with it in a tree than I am my X-bow, but I shoot Slick Tricks. I killed a few with Rage, then lost a few and moved on. I'll probably stick with these until I lose one, then I'll start looking again. It's all about what you have faith in.

I have faith that it's going to be a roller coaster ride in the tree this morning. 

Ok just my .02. I shoot the extremes, Even if by chance this same thing happened. The broadhead has a cut on contact head with a blade and cutting edge, and the blades not opened are still over an inch of cutting blade showing. a muzzy head has a 1 3/16 cut, The advantages to me Just are not there to go back to a fixed blade between the accuracy and holes they leave. I shoot the cheap eBay ones and never had a probem!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

All too often we want a one size fits all and it's just not possible. There is no perfect bow, broadhead, fish finder, downrigger etc. Its trade offs...if we are smart about it we learn what works best for us individually and as long as we are happy with our success rate we stick with what works. For me I hate tracking... between the coyotes, the posted property, and weather its the least enjoyable part of bow hunting. The rage extreme has made tracking a non issue as I watch them fall at least 90% of the time. The trade off is the area you have to hit and the angles you can shoot are far less than a rugged conventional broadhead. ALWAYS go with what works for you and stay as far away as possible from what doesn't work for you. All broadheads are capable of doing the job and all are capable of not doing the job the x factor is the hunter.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, justtracytrolling said:

All too often we want a one size fits all and it's just not possible. There is no perfect bow, broadhead, fish finder, downrigger etc. Its trade offs...if we are smart about it we learn what works best for us individually and as long as we are happy with our success rate we stick with what works. For me I hate tracking... between the coyotes, the posted property, and weather its the least enjoyable part of bow hunting. The rage extreme has made tracking a non issue as I watch them fall at least 90% of the time. The trade off is the area you have to hit and the angles you can shoot are far less than a rugged conventional broadhead. ALWAYS go with what works for you and stay as far away as possible from what doesn't work for you. All broadheads are capable of doing the job and all are capable of not doing the job the x factor is the hunter.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well said Justin.