All done with Rage broadheads

GAMBLER

14 hours ago, PeltHunter said:

^thats what I meant by the petals centered. Center of the individual petal not centered between them. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My bad Pelthunter.  I misread your post that first time and thought you said to align the blades with the slits. 

Anything that is mechanical will not work 100% of time. But that being said they definitely fly truer especially when breezy. Give and take. Use what your confident with. The only thing that I have seen people say is that with the speed of crossbows some cheaper mechanicals have a tendency to no open on contact

IMG_4037.JPGIMG_4038.JPGarrow on deer depicts angle it traveled through deer on a hard quartering away Shot. It exited out of the front of the deers chest as 2nd pic shows and travelled another 30ft. 20yd Shot standard 100gr Muzzy, Easton FMJ shaft with 2” blazer vanes 60lb draw weight and 31” draw length on bow. I’ve been shooting this combination for about 10yrs now and I honestly don’t think there is a better combination. I also find the Muzzys like 2” blazer vanes as the longer 4” put to much spin on them and cause them to shoot left , kind of like a curve ball.

Any opinions on NAP crossbow. I haven't had any problems with them so far. No O rings to mess around with and a nice hard bone penetrating point.

0b4a111ae6f1dc52f235acfa9288ce98.jpgshot this doe last week with a 3 blade spitfire- first year using them. Have used G5T3 in the past. I don’t think they make them anymore?? She crumbled after 30 yards and spilled paint buckets of blood.Broadhead still looks brand new, not a mark on it. They fly like a field point- I will be using them again

Gambler are you shooting the rages with the crossbow cam?  There is a difference.   We shoot the hypodermics(crossbow version) thru my wifes crossbow.  lethal!!  As far as a fixed, for her bow we use NAP Hellraisers.  Unlike the G5 Montecs these will not rust over time.   I will always shoot Hypodermics with my bow.  No reason to change and super accurate to 55 plus yards.  I have tried the Hellraisers thru my bow and they were good to 35 yards after that they didn't hit with good accuracy.   I imagine thru the crossbow with the increased kinetic energy they should fly true to 50 yards.

Gambler are you shooting the rages with the crossbow cam?  There is a difference.   We shoot the hypodermics(crossbow version) thru my wifes crossbow.  lethal!!  As far as a fixed, for her bow we use NAP Hellraisers.  Unlike the G5 Montecs these will not rust over time.   I will always shoot Hypodermics with my bow.  No reason to change and super accurate to 55 plus yards.  I have tried the Hellraisers thru my bow and they were good to 35 yards after that they didn't hit with good accuracy.   I imagine thru the crossbow with the increased kinetic energy they should fly true to 50 yards.

They were the crossbow ones Brian. The Montec shoot very good out of my crossbow. I was surprised. Not much adjustment which was nice.

• 2 months later...
Last night over at Gators land, I shot a doe with my crossbow. We found her after crawling around the woods finding pin drops of blood. I have been shooting the Rage broadheads for three years now. After examining the broadhead, hair jammed the blades and kept them from opening. They opened less than a quarter of the way. I am going to fixed blade broadheads. Anyone have a good recommendation for a good fixed blade broadhead??

IMG_4129.thumb.JPG.22dd4e0c21f422cbd2d8f087907e482c.JPG
I had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. I contacted rage and they told me that my broad head must have been a counterfeit! Rage hypodermics. I’m going back to muzzy

IMG_4129.HEIC

• 9 months later...

Definitely my last year for Rages too. Mixed results over 6 years. I tried the rage Chisel tip a few years ago. Shot a small buck three times in the chest. Had to finish it off with a knife. Only one lung was hit. The twist of  chisel tip makes it screw in, killing penetration. Before that I always used the one's with the razor tip. Had good effect with those. But the collars are a pain. Snag a branch or your quiver and the blades come loose. Not worth it. Trying Exodus fixed blades next year.

You can beat this topic to death..... but I won’t chance it for a mechanical that has a “tendency” to fail.. a properly tuned bowed.... which includes a rest that is tuned will make fixed blades fly like darts... mechanicals are for slackers that don’t want to practice their craft...... imop

• Like 1

Correct on fixed blade! Muzzy three blade 100 grain. Fly great with a well tuned bow. Great penetration. Anything you pick make sure it's factory razor sharp.
Four problems with rage or mechanical.
1. Poor penetration usually only one hole, no exit.. High angle shots, blood must run down side of animal making a poor blood trail. Front shoulder shots are rarely fatal.
2. Blade opening problems. In flight and on animal.
3. Deflection off the animal on high angle shots, most of us hunt from a tree stand...
4. Once in the animal it stops cutting if the arrow is bumped by a tree or the front shoulder is moving unlike a fixed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app