All done with Rage broadheads

GAMBLER

1 hour ago, schreckstoff said:

He was awesome, tons of potential, I let him walk before but once I saw the limp I didn’t want him to go to waste.  I need to check  but I think he was a 1.5yo, wide but thin, 8pt + a kicker. Only dressed 118#

But no pics or story in the hunting thread????? WTH man

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 2:05 PM, schreckstoff said:

Found this in my muzzleloader buck

C5FEA9D3-9285-4DD9-8FE1-0282B3CB93B7.jpeg

NAP Spitfire, maybe? That's what I shoot out of my crossbow. Didn't lose one though lol. I think Grim Reapers are similar. Leg hits are rarely fatal, no matter what brand you shoot...it seems like MZ season provides lots of "clean up" opportunities. 

Well I guess you boys are calling me a story teller / LIAR. Well that's not the case. Bought a switchback from Phil Sep. 2006. killed 12Pt. on Nov. 14th quartering away liver lung heart. Gross 140+ net. 133.5  2yr. old  weight 155. 2012 Nov.2 Killed 8Pt.  gross 140.6 net 138.1 weight 185 I also killed 163+ gross buck with my Ithaca in 1999 on Sunday at 12:00pm net 154.7  In 2013 on a sat. morn in Nov. I saw 5 yotes out of my stand the 1st one I couldn't bring in it scamper off. The 2nd one I drilled. Saw 3 more that day all were coming in to give me a shot but they caught a wiff and scamper off. The next day Sunday got back in same stand was watching group turks  monster hens and young ones 70+yds. off not scratching not pecking just hanging in a small grp. lost interest in them 1/2 hr. later these birds start clucking hard they are walking straight at this yote you could see this dog was getting nervous  pushing him to me so I drilled him hard did a flip went less than 20 and the big hens walk up to this dead yote and gave it the 1 eye look then walk off. Skinned and tanned them both gave 1 to this syco **** in Dansville big mistake. I killed my first long beard in 1996 and have 30+ birds to my credit. If you want to stop over sometime I'll show them to you. I'm on 259 mile north of ridge.  If you tell story's here you are digging yourself a grave. Happy now!!

I too shoot a Phil Race Switchback!  I love that bow. Phil was awesome, accompanied me with each of my boys on their successful boar hunts at Tioga with the Mission bows we got from Phil. 
I also swear by Stinger broadheads. 

NAP Spitfire, maybe? That's what I shoot out of my crossbow. Didn't lose one though lol. I think Grim Reapers are similar. Leg hits are rarely fatal, no matter what brand you shoot...it seems like MZ season provides lots of "clean up" opportunities. 
Looks like a Wasp Jak Hammer broadhead

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

18 hours ago, Spacecb said:

Well I guess you boys are calling me a story teller / LIAR. Well that's not the case. Bought a switchback from Phil Sep. 2006. killed 12Pt. on Nov. 14th quartering away liver lung heart. Gross 140+ net. 133.5  2yr. old  weight 155. 2012 Nov.2 Killed 8Pt.  gross 140.6 net 138.1 weight 185 I also killed 163+ gross buck with my Ithaca in 1999 on Sunday at 12:00pm net 154.7  In 2013 on a sat. morn in Nov. I saw 5 yotes out of my stand the 1st one I couldn't bring in it scamper off. The 2nd one I drilled. Saw 3 more that day all were coming in to give me a shot but they caught a wiff and scamper off. The next day Sunday got back in same stand was watching group turks  monster hens and young ones 70+yds. off not scratching not pecking just hanging in a small grp. lost interest in them 1/2 hr. later these birds start clucking hard they are walking straight at this yote you could see this dog was getting nervous  pushing him to me so I drilled him hard did a flip went less than 20 and the big hens walk up to this dead yote and gave it the 1 eye look then walk off. Skinned and tanned them both gave 1 to this syco **** in Dansville big mistake. I killed my first long beard in 1996 and have 30+ birds to my credit. If you want to stop over sometime I'll show them to you. I'm on 259 mile north of ridge.  If you tell story's here you are digging yourself a grave. Happy now!!

I looked back through the thread, and didn't get the same vibe you did. IMHO, everybody loves story tellers. And we know that fisherman is Latin for liar, right? This is an easygoing, friendly community. Sorry you felt the need to defend yourself (not quite sure against what, but that's okay). It sounds like you've had many successes. I smell mahogany and rich leather lol. Be well, aim small, shoot straight.

• Like 1