Jim Fredenberg

Started boating on Lake Ontario a couple of summers ago. I can't believe it never crossed my mind to actually fish on it. I've always been a lover of the outdoors. Somehow and thankfully I survived a head on collision at the hands of a drunk driver a couple of years ago in Arizona, and it made me appreciate the beauty we live in all the more. Told my children I was going to buy a boat after the accident, and we trailered our center console boat    to Sacket's Harbor this summer a few times. Pretty good success our first few times out (with a few lessons learned the hard way). My kids love the open water, and one college aged daughter in particular advises me on all matters fishing, including spoon and gear selections.  As I review the posts on this forum, I really appreciate the general tone of the conversations and the willingness of the more experienced anglers to share their knowledge. Furthermore, in a time when cross border tensions are regrettably inflamed a little bit due to trade disputes etc., it appears that this forum is above all things political or economic.  It seems like Americans and Canadians treat each other with total respect - the way it should be. Looking forward to perhaps meeting some of the members next summer.

• Like 1

Why not? It’s a buffet as far as I’m concerned, pick what you like. Politics plays a major role in our lives as sportsmen and gun owners.
Put your flack jacket on and leave your ego at the door lol. If nothing else it keeps the Mods on their toes and justifies the thousands and thousands of dollars they’re paid by Chad to keep things somewhat civil.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

Put your flack jacket on and leave your ego at the door lol. If nothing else it keeps the Mods on their toes and justifies the thousands and thousands of dollars they’re paid by Chad to keep things somewhat civil.

I hear ya,have seen some get out of hand on other boards and kind of ruined them.

Chad I am sure, has a handle on these kinds of things.

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to LOU. I think you'll find it a bit different here than other boards. Great bunch of people willing to share information and ideas and help out others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, whaler1 said:

. If nothing else it keeps the Mods on their toes and justifies the thousands and thousands of dollars they’re paid by Chad to keep things somewhat civil.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is that how Rob can hunt everyday of the season?

• Haha 1

You guys are pretty hard on poor Rob after all the trouble he's experienced this year with the deer hunting and still finding time to post cartoons:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

16 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

You guys are pretty hard on poor Rob after all the trouble he's experienced this year with the deer hunting and still finding time to post cartoons:lol:

ouch babe!!  Les from 3 point range!!!

:lol: All in jest. I have really enjoyed the hunting posts despite not hunting myself for years.:smile: Welcome to LOU James where you'll find a lot of busting and good humor as well as great fishing information from a bunch of good guys who know their stuff.