Sampson State Park photo update

• 2 weeks later...

No fishing in the marina...
During summer months, winter is free game. If the marina is now private I hope they ban it all together. Its ridiculous getting hooks in your canvas and ropes on a weekly basis. Unfortunately they never enforced it.

See what happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dusty said:

No fishing in the marina...

I know there were signs there Dusty but fishing went on there every early Spring, late Fall and Winter for the last 60 years plus that I know of :lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

I should’ve ended with a smile as I saw all of it too and was amused by the signs vs. the activities.
I hear ya... lol. I had a guy argue with me while he was pitching jigs under my swim platform. I said you cant fish here, he said. Why, I said because it's the rules. He said, where does it say that? I say, look at your feet... lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck to you guys. I hope they don't screw up the launch ramps like they did at the Buffalo Small boat harbor. They are long & not steep enough You have to back trailer & tow vehicle into the water to get boat on & off the trailer.  It has to be the worst launch in NY state. They just went back & removed some of the new curbing because a boat & trailer could not make some of the turns without scraping tires & hitting them.  Also as long as it is a state park your empire pass should be good.  So keep an eye on them & good luck!

Edited by lineman49

Mr lineman i think you are wrong on the worst ramp in nys,in my humble opinion it is the ramp at the welcome center in Geneva it was great until they redone it now it really suck,s.

I still like your idea Mike of having the city manager come down and back your boat in...... I’m with ya! Not much sense went in to the crafting of the design when changes were made.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Really funny...I was thinking exactly the same thing as Mike about that chamber ramp. Used it for many years and now I use my Empire Pass to launch at the State Park. The launch was obviously created and designed for visual appeal not function and even in that it falls short. Way too tight and the curbing is misplaced even for small boat launching....and I thought it was bad that that you couldn't use the toilet facilities during the derby....sure looks pretty purposeful to me. They want the bucks of the tourists not fishermen there. Geez, I was fishing there before the original chamber or Finks before that when the old ice house was there as a kid and before any of those folks running the show were even born... dinosaurs are truly an endangered species:lol: I sure hope the Sampson project turns out better for us.

Edited by Sk8man

even thinking about the launch at the chamber gets me  angry its just so fundamentally wrong.  I hope they dont do the long shallow grade launch like they have at Lodi thats problematic at times as well I like sampson so will try it when it re-opens

A committee of boaters & fishermen tried talking to the state & the designers  at the Buffalo Small Boat Harbor & they would not listen or disgust anything . They insisted their design was best & that is what they were using.  Well ,That was a waste of millions of $$$.  The launch sucks & the parking lot is striped ass backwards!