Sampson State Park photo update

I heard back in July they planed to start work updating the marina this year. I been coming here now for 47 years. its about time somebody got smart here and wanted to do something right. we complained about dock repairs 20 years ago. if they put money in this place long ago. we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. take a good look at New York State. its a beautiful state to live in, but the state is run by special interest. I go to a lot of state parks. they  all are getting some major improvements done,  the state is not paying for it. private money is paying for it. who knows how they plan to update this marina. just be glad we have a place to come and launch out boats. its going to cost us a couple dollars more to fish but who cares. you cant take it with you. I know what's going to happen here. The state will improve the campground and the marina will be run by special interest for 20 to 30 years.  worst boat launch. Dunkirk ny. then buffalo harbor.

Not a question it needed repair and the repairs could have been done long ago.For the people that come from out-of-state used the Lake a couple times a year paying an extra few bucks no big deal. The people that have an empire pass and the local people that use the launch on a weekly basis are going to have to pay on a regular basis. If New York state takes the launch off the list I'm concerned they will do this at other launches also . Will have to wait and see I guess . Maybe pay to get into the park and pay to use the Marina..

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is just my opinion. some of you are worrying if you have to pay more to launch at Sampson state park. I think if you get a campsite you will be able to launch for free. if you come in and just launch. you will have to pay. The state is not selling this park and marina. they want somebody to come in with some private money to improve this place. we all know. our  state is to big  with two much government. we have to look to the private sector for money.  I wish they could  put in seasonal campsites but that will never happen during my lifetime. I don't think we will see any major changes here. its still state controlled.  state parks still give us the best deal. those private parks suck.

The old buffalo harbor was much better. I don't know who came up with those kind of plans for a harbor for buffalo. I think they copied plans from Ohio ramps. buffalo water front is too small for a harbor like that. best launch ramp on NY side of lake Erie is Barcelona.

Buffalo NY Small boat harbor, now Safe Harbor Marina launch is not all bad......wait, yeah, mostly it is, but one good thing is where the launch is compared to old. I do like that better.

old ramp was deeper and you could launch a 24ft wood boat with no problem. boat dock was like sampson. parking  limited but if you got there early you had no problem finding a good spot. when I lived in North tonawanda 35 yrs ago I used the free ramp at ferry street, when we had a good walleye bite in the river and on the Canadian side free ramp was much better. it makes more sense now to head west to fish for walleye.

I don't think they plan to do the whole marina at once. I think they will dig out the marina first put in a few new post for a few boat slips and put in new floating launch ramps. I hope they can have the ramps in by April. who knows what they have planned for this place. it took them this long to do this project. who knows when they will finish it.  it all depends on our weather. I know you guys don't get the kind of weather I get here here, 50 inches of snow so far. 

I heard from a good source that the target for opening is June 1st.

Who is your good source? Someone in the company? Because everyone at the park has nothing to do with it from what I understand because they can't answer any questions I have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

hows the ramp at Seneca lake state park on the north end. I haven't used that ramp in years. whats left that's any good on the north end. Roy's is no good for my truck camper. did the flood do any damage to the lodi ramp this year. 

I don't think they plan to do the whole marina at once. I think they will dig out the marina first put in a few new post for a few boat slips and put in new floating launch ramps. I hope they can have the ramps in by April. who knows what they have planned for this place. it took them this long to do this project. who knows when they will finish it.  it all depends on our weather. I know you guys don't get the kind of weather I get here here, 50 inches of snow so far. 
You sure about that?20181123_160056.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out the marina last week. its looking good. I talked to somebody and ask him when will we be able to launch our boats. He didn't know. I ask someone else and he said late May or June. my guess who knows. I will just have to use the state park up north to launch. This place needs a lot of work to get it done by may. 

• Like 1