Sampson State Park photo update

I guess at this point anything is an improvement as a boater that lives on my boat most of the summer I have seen a major decline in the infrastructure of the marina  the state hasn’t put a dime in the marina for at least 15 years. So I am very grateful that some one is saving the marina  I just hope when the are done with renovations  and it is a private marina  they will give us the same courtesy as the people who rent the cabins.  They have signs stating  registered cabin  renters only  so you can’t walk near them. If you  are in a boat you have people walking up the dock u rent and either cloning on your boat or peeking in the windows. There is no privacy. We are told it is a public marina   My hope is that when completed we can also have privacy on the dock we rent. Posting signs does no good with out  someone enforcing it and consequences.  

Are you currently a slip holder?

Nick

I guess at this point anything is an improvement as a boater that lives on my boat most of the summer I have seen a major decline in the infrastructure of the marina  the state hasn’t put a dime in the marina for at least 15 years. So I am very grateful that some one is saving the marina  I just hope when the are done with renovations  and it is a private marina  they will give us the same courtesy as the people who rent the cabins.  They have signs stating  registered cabin  renters only  so you can’t walk near them. If you  are in a boat you have people walking up the dock u rent and either cloning on your boat or peeking in the windows. There is no privacy. We are told it is a public marina   My hope is that when completed we can also have privacy on the dock we rent. Posting signs does no good with out  someone enforcing it and consequences.  

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is it closed for.ice fishing was hoping to take my daughter again this year.
Yes, the marina is entirely closed, see photos above. Theres no way a fish can get in.... it has filled with water but that's because the pumps were off a few times. But, I highly doubt they will ever allow fishing in the marina again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a call from the governor’s office, in reply to a letter I sent them about Sampson Park Marina.  I guess the only new news is that they have recently secured all the final approvals and funding to complete the entire project.  So, the expectation is, barring bad weather, that the ramps should be open in time for Memorial Day.  At least that is the plan they are all driving to. I was told that there will be a formal announcement in the next few weeks with more details on the project.  I asked about access, ramp fees, and some other stuff, but many the details are still being worked out. 

I will be up that way next week and will post more pictures if there is any noticeable progress. 

Jim K.       

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I went for a ride yesterday. You want my opinion. no way we will be launching our boats by mid June. The marina is coming along nicely but they have to much to do here to get it ready by mid June 2019, maybe 2020. All the years I have fished this lake. this is the worst I have seen hardly any boats out on a nice calm April day. two boats out fishing off Sampson for perch and only 3 up on the north end perch fishing. not normal for Seneca this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pictures. this project will take two years. No way we will be launching this year. they have to lay the concrete for the launching ramp. The longer it sits and dry the better. parking lot needs to be paved. Did you see the work they are doing to the walls around the marina. This takes time. next year we can launch. anybody tells us they will have this place done by June is full of crap. The worst thing that happen here. they let go to long. I'm glad we got somebody with some common sense to come in and put money here. its a good move for the area. with the financial mess this state is in we should be  all glad we are getting our marina updated. 

next year. if they rush this project. it will fall apart. The people that build this place years ago built stuff to last. today they build stuff to fall apart in a few years and look for more money to do it again later.  look how they paved the road coming in to the park. that road won't last 10 years. the other part leading in is in worst shape now.

I beg to differ on the quality of their repairs. I worked in this line of work. From the new dock materials to the lined walls, they are sparing no expense at this time. They are DOING what is NEEDED to be done. To make money in the long run, ya gotta spend it and thats whats going on. Im excited.

Cant wait to see what the "new" fee will be though for a slip... [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

next year. if they rush this project. it will fall apart. The people that build this place years ago built stuff to last. today they build stuff to fall apart in a few years and look for more money to do it again later.  look how they paved the road coming in to the park. that road won't last 10 years. the other part leading in is in worst shape now.

Just an fyi the the town donated their time and equipment and the park paid for materials, otherwise we wouldn't of even got that done, be thankful, it's all political. Just think how much of the rest of the road could of been paved they could of used the money for those stupid cottages, which are falling apart already, or put it towards the marina, which now is not owned by the state anymore. It's all very very sad how this all went down. We lost something that was ours to money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app