Predator 2018-2019

whaler1

14 hours ago, Bosun Cowboy said:

They might not like the camera. I’ve noticed Some cameras like the Wildlife innovations I have now the IR Spooks them butt my more expensive Covert they won’t shy away from. Also in years past ive noticed my bait pile always seems to be more active for Yotes in Feb and March. And Fox city In January

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good to know this is the earliest I've had it out, I was expecting more earlier. I have some yote-cicles I'll be throwing out later in the year. I had a beep last night not sure what it was I didn't get up to check my son was up 7 times last night so any little sleep I could get I was taking.

15 hours ago, NymphO said:
On 1/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, Xxx said:
20190114_083150.thumb.jpg.7226def80eb9029bd1fd2317bdc7a5c5.jpg20190114_082935_Burst01.thumb.jpg.78c50d4c10b82a05bb080558e29e7d83.jpg20190114_082844.thumb.jpg.ecad51822a30768f33d38f6f4fae5195.jpg20190114_083819.thumb.jpg.69ea879d6c38d189c2f05dc8194bc2dc.jpgI just purchased a 4-16 vortex with light up recticals. It was used for long range competition shooting and the fellow went bigger yet. This scope has all the bells & whistles also. What I thought was the best thing on this scope other than it crisp view was, every other click on the lighted recticals is a off area so once you get the brightness set up you just turn it 1 click and it's lit up back one click and it's off not like others where you turn it on a then adjust brightness of the recticals. Just one click away from on or off, and to your liking of the brightness. I can't wait to mount it. Plus I bought it off a fellow on here!!

I have the hog Hunter. I love it. Vortex makes great scopes with good glass for the $$

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I hunt barre ,Albion, waterport
I wasn’t calling more then 5 minutes and the male come running across the field shot him. Soon as I shot I put my shooting sticks down and started walking. Out to him. As I was walking out I seen the female on the edge of the woods around 100 yards there was knoll in field so I had to free hand second one and I missed [emoji849] so I walked out to the knoll so I can shoot over and switched the fox pro to grey fox in distress and she come running right back out and I shot her at 50 yards. Amazing hunt first sit of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

From what I get they used to be the primary animal here in 8. Guess yotes were few and far between.
We’ve been giving reds a pass this year but the rate at which they set the alarm off it’s getting out of hand. We end up turning it off because of how often it goes off and wake up to see the deer dragged 20 yards. Unacceptable.
Going to sight in the 17 tomorrow, the 204 blows them up.

I run my 223 never blow them up unless it’s a glancing shot. I just boat a 204 that will be a little custom build. Couldn’t go wrong savage model 111 long range Varmint with hundred rounds 250 bucks

4 minutes ago, Outdoor Lover said:

You Guys Are crazy! The ice just started to form on Monday!!

It was 4" of clear black ice.  It was open water Thursday afternoon when I checked.  Monday it was 4". 

2 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

02aa476ed55829a17f08bcc9ddf28f39.jpg
Coyotes running across Braddock Bay when we were ice fishing Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ive never gone but this thread makes it look like fun!  If I took my bow to braddocks would you guys recommend my to sit in my climber or hidden on the ground?  Id have to use my bow since you cant use gun in greece...Correct?

Great pic Brian!
Rim fire or shotgun in Greece. Need to not be near dwellings.
Have had great luck ice calling at night on the bay and surrounding creeks.

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

Great pic Brian!
Rim fire or shotgun in Greece. Need to not be near dwellings.
Have had great luck ice calling at night on the bay and surrounding creeks.

I was under the understanding that no rifle/shotgun slug was allowed in greece.  I'm a rookie but rimfire rifle is considered a rifle still isnt it?  Thanks!

20 hours ago, Bswitzer said:

I was under the understanding that no rifle/shotgun slug was allowed in greece.  I'm a rookie but rimfire rifle is considered a rifle still isnt it?  Thanks!

no slugs is correct, 17hmr is perfectly legal as is #4 buckshot