Raymarine ev150

Joe W

Wondering what opinions you guys have on the raymarine ev 150 autopilot ?  Looking to complete my boat build with an autopilot. Boat is a 2012 striper 2101 wa with a 150 evinrude etec with hydraulic steering. Tied to it is a 2018 9.9 suzuki kicker with an ez steer rod. do you guys think this auto pilot would handle this setup properly ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe !!

Love my Raymarine AP. I have the ECV200 on a Verado 250 no problems.

Just make sure the pump that comes with kit has the capacity to match the steering ram capacity of the E-tec. My guess is it does. The type 1 pump with that kit is good for up to 14 cu in. Just need to see what your steering ram capacity is. If its between 5 & 14 cubic inches you are good to go. 

When trolling with the kicker you may have to keep the main engine running for the power steering to work unless AP is on.

Edited by rookie fisherman

I installed an EV-100 on my 25ft Pursuit with a 250 Yammie 2 years ago, and could not be happier. I was on the fence about getting the bigger pump, but as the info above says I matched the ram capacity to the pump, and have had zero problems in 250-300 hrs with the .5 pump. Not sure if your  E-tec needs to be running. As long as the AP is powered up it should control the  E-tec with the kicker. 

Good luck with your project.

As mentioned above with the AP on you should hopefully not have to. 

If you go to the Raymarine website they have a forum in the support section. You will be able to get all your questions answered there. The support staff at Raymarine is top notch. 

The controls head has a bunch of great built in features that we use everyday out. 180 turns, zig zags etc.

Edited by rookie fisherman