proposed cormorant control in Ontario.REMINDER 3RD JAN DEADLINE

12 hours ago, Rich D said:

I saw this yesterday, would love to see it happen, but it never will!!! If it did, that would just push those birds to our side of the lake even more, and we know how this state feels about them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It has always been my sense that New York would not mind getting rid of all the shags.   It is the US Fish and Wildlife Service that controls those strings, not NYSDEC.  

Sounds good to me hopefully they open it on the finger lakes too seems like certain parts of the year (early spring and early fall) cormorants come in and feed hard.. better be a good shot, Get ready to use a whole box of shells chasing a wounded bird lol

Sore subject with me!  I live on the South shore of Oneida Lake, & the black fish eating devils were in my bay in numbers of over 250 birds for about ten weeks this fall.  They would swim across the entire bay eating anything they could catch & swallow  &%$#@*&^!!!  Called region 7 DEC & talked to a female that said that they had a boat on the lake shooting the flying rats three times a week!  Saw them a few times, boy they could only hit sitting birds, as I watched them miss a lot of the flying rats!  I asked if a landowner could get a nusence (sp) permit & was told no, & that they, the DEC have to apply to the Feds yearly to do it themselves,  To which I said now that there were less regulations @ the Fed, how about helping us out getting these permits, Didn't get a warm feeling from this person that they would do anything.

John

Edited by Iceman

I think the chances of it passing is very good right now if they receive any overwhelming amount of support for it , Otherwise I donf see why they would have gone this far with the proposal. Also right now with a majority conservative government it's now or never on this issue IMO. Please take a few moments to formally submit your comments here https://ero.ontario.ca/notice/013-4124

Sent from my SM-A520W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They also create a lot of pollution of water with their feces. Some of the ponds on Cape Cod have been dealing with it for years as well as the baitfissh decimation

Edited by Sk8man

• 1 month later...