how to firm up weak cured eggs?

I know this is my first post but I am having a huge problem!

This was my first time I have cured my own eggs usually float fish beads and jigs but this year I really wanted to stick with roe bags and hope it got me more first. 

Got it me a late stream salmon collected it’s eggs in a ziplock took them home put them on paper towel dried them for a15 min threw them in a bag put Borax O fire on them till the eggs were all coated put them in the fridge for 2 days tossing them every once every morning and night. Test an egg watch it bounce slightly and second bounce they bust. Tried tying a bag and every single egg is so weak they break. Took all my eggs and put them in a jar tried also curing them in liquid cure used pink to make sure they sucked up the color so I knew the cure was working, but then again same result WEAK EGGS. Is there a trick I can do to harden them up enough to tie or are my eggs no good now ?

Edited by NYS_Steelhead_Stalker
Auto correct sucks

You can try water curing them now. Get some distilled water, unless you are on a well. Put them in a container or bag with water for 5-10 minutes. Drain the water and let dry until they get sticky. I have water cured, then have added the powder cures afterwards and they come out great.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Stream cure then powder cure from all that I have read seems like the best method for LOOSE roe. Not sure about skein from what I have read. Maybe because skein is not yet mature and attached to the membrane still so they might be a little firm to begin with ?

But anyways if you cure eggs and then try the water/stream cure all your eggs will end up popped. No biggy though we all learn from our mistakes, if I catch a egg milking hen on the stream for now on I will make sure to grab a bit of that stream water in the bag as well. Thanks Rich for the help I appreciate it.

Dissolve non-iodized salt in well water or spring water until it is a saturated solution - rinse remaining powder cure from eggs and put eggs in jar and pour salt solution over them until covered. Put in fridge - leave for a couple days - should be good to go - although depending on state of eggs sometimes this won't work...  

17 hours ago, NYS_Steelhead_Stalker said:

Stream cure then powder cure from all that I have read seems like the best method for LOOSE roe. Not sure about skein from what I have read. Maybe because skein is not yet mature and attached to the membrane still so they might be a little firm to begin with ?

But anyways if you cure eggs and then try the water/stream cure all your eggs will end up popped. No biggy though we all learn from our mistakes, if I catch a egg milking hen on the stream for now on I will make sure to grab a bit of that stream water in the bag as well. Thanks Rich for the help I appreciate it.

I always do that, I wash them in the river, try and get as much blood off as possible, and then they go into ziplock bags full of river water.  But I'm still worried these skein eggs are going to be a problem. When I cured them with salt/sugar, they looked great, but I have a feeling when I defrost them ...