- Reverse Gear
- Trailer Hitch
- Four Person Seating
- $5000 or BEST REASONABLE OFFER
- Contact -- 5 Eight 5 Three 4 Zero 0 Five 7 Six
blur_IMG_6812.thumb.JPG.e7eb8e8cc8f88f55d3892f3f5745a8d1.JPG
Number of hours?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This particular machine has been well taken care of, and stored indoors when not being used. It doesn't have an hour meter, but hasn't been heavily used. So, to specifically answer your question - it's dependent on maintenance.

• Like 2

Back in the day,  I sold more than 10,000 of these.... many of the parts can be sourced through the internet or fixed by a welder.  Engines are simple and the BS Vanguard was my favorite engine.   If you need transmission parts, you may wind up in trouble, but the transmissions were rather hardy other than shift pins that could shear when forced into gear.  The model number of this vehicle would have been a MAX IV-600T.  You can google "max 6x6 parts" and find most parts as the company inventory was sold to a guy in the midwest and he still sells the parts.  In 2004 this vehicle would have sold for nearly $15K, what these things can go through in a swamp in remarkable. 

Do the front and rear axles have bearing cages on them?

Do you have a set of 26" tires/wheels for it?

• Like 2

They were built buy Recreative Industries which was located on depot street in Buffalo close to the William St Post office. They are chain drive to sprockets mounted on axles. The transmission is serviceable although very reliable. It utilized a set of brake bands which brake one side of the transmission which transfers 100% power to the other side for turning. Same is true when shifted in reverse. The tracks make these unstoppable in the snow and they float on top. I worked there for several years first in assembly then as an engineer. Happy to answer any questions i can.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Captain Carl Bish said:

Do the front and rear axles have bearing cages on them?

Do you have a set of 26" tires/wheels for it?

We're not 100% certain as we haven't needed to remove these components to see. It is however as it was when we acquired this vehicle.

As for tires/wheels - what is pictured, 21x11.00-8 are included.

• Like 1

We had 2 of them when I was a kid 1 was a Terra Tiger and the other I think was a T Rex. They were bad azz machines. They were really nasty when we replaced the the old school Briggs with 440 rotax motors and had them fitted with sled drive pulleys and comet clutches. 40mph!!! All the power one could use. I used to use Terra Tiger to check my trap line when it was bad weather. Short cut was across our pond no problem. 

Edited by Xxx