10 meter Express vs Mid cabin

DoubleTrouble1

I'll try to add to the list as I remember stuff. You're gonna get .5-.6 MPG at cruise with these boats. The hull on the 10 meters are fiberglass, but the caps are balsa cored. They are both great fishing platforms becasue of their wide beams. They tend to slide in a ditch troll due to a fairly flat hull in the back and no keel, but the beam makes it manageable. 

Express

• Pro
    • Liner boat which means no stringers to rot
  • Con
    •  

Mid Cabin

• Pro
    •  
  • Con
    • Have been known to have stinger issues
    • Sit higher off the water
    • Prop shafts are shorter, motors are set further back, and the boat is slower than an Express

Thanks Rich appreciate it...was kinda hoping you would see this post. Going to look at a mid cabin this weekend.. also kinda eyeballing an Express but it's in Michigan.... either way gotta have them hauled or drive it home in the spring... what I really don't want to do is pull the trigger on the mid and wish I would have waited out an Express any other advice ya have would be great.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Everything is "fixable." It all depends on how much you want to spend fixing things. With any used boat purchase you're going to have a punch list of things that need to be addressed. You take care of those things in the order you feel fit.

2 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

Do you know anything about the crusader 502xl engines? I read a few reviews that say stay away.... There only 20hp more than the 454s I wonder if that would hurt trolling capabilities

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No experience with them. Tall Tails has them in his Tiara. He's done his research on them. He might be able to answer some questions on them.