Landshark Crosses the Border- pics

I've been having a wicked Bay Of Quinte itch that needed to be scratched. Friday I posted on a canadian forum that if there was anyone who needed a seat filled for the weekend , that I was in. Later that morning I received a pm from a guy who said him and another fella were going to fish a 2 day Walleye touranment up there and they could use 1. That was all I needed to hear. I hashed out the details with the guy and I hit the road at 2am on saturday.

I made it to Canuck customs at about 430 am and it was quicker than going through the drive thru at McD's. "Where are you from?" "Where you heading?" "Have a good time and drive safe" This took less than 30 seconds. Arrived at Picton ON around 6am and grabbed some breakfast since the tourney blast off was at 8am. Arrived at the marina and met up with my partners for the next 2 days of fishing. SUPER guys. 1 of them has some quinte experience and the owner of the boat had caught 1 walleye in his life. There were some nice rigs that were in this tourney. My best estimate on number of boats is 30+. It was a 120 entry fee per boat. We fished out of a 17.5ft tracker targa.

HERE IS A PART OF THE MARINA

pictonharbor.jpg

HERE IS TEAM AMERI-CAN

teamphoto.jpg

AFTER DAY 1 WE SAT IN 3RD PLACE TRAILING BY ABOUT A POUND

thebattle.jpg

A 12.02LBER AND ABOUT A 6-7LBER

day1bothfishpic2.jpg

day1fishpic1.jpg

day1fishpic2.jpg

SERIOUS GIRTH

girth.jpg

Day 1 came to an end and like I said we were sitting in 3rd. I had planned on getting a hotel but one of the fellas was watching over his grandads house in the area so he offered me a place to stay. The 3 of grabbed a few brews and ordered a pizza and devised our plan for the next day. We had from 7am-3pm to make up a little ground. There were some really good fisherman in the event. Alot of well knownn locals as well as alot of charter captains. We were the"lil" guys with the only american in the mix. :D We set sail and hoped for the best. We ended up winning the event. The tourney paid the top 3 fish of each day and then the overall winner. We took 3rd first day and the overall. The last picture is of a 14.2lb MONSTER that another boat landed on day 2 but fortunate for us they didnt hit a single fish on day 1. This was just a "get my feet wet" trip for me. I plan on spending a whole week up there in the coming month because the fishing only gets better.

day2fishpic2.jpg

day2fishpic3.jpg

14and12.jpg

14lb.jpg

we didnt catch alot of fish because it was a tourney i kept the baits big to try to win. dropped a couple, no doubt we could have caught more but maybe in the 7-10lb range. numbers will get better over the next month

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet they cavity-searched you at the border because you where probably smiling from ear to ear.....smelling of day old Canadian beer......and had a wad of cash like a drug dealer. :D

Hey Landshark, sure was a great weekend out with you and Martycoo on Quinte. Gotta love those big monsters, i mean the lures you were running LOL

When do you plan on heading back out to Quinte. Be sure to give me a shout when you do. I'll be in Ottawa this coming weekend (Friday and Saturday) but could always swing by Quinte for a Sunday troll HAHAHA

Keep in touch buddy

I did the hard water thing up there a couple times for a couple years. It's been a few though. Not since just after the original zebra mussel infestation. But I spoke with one of my brothers a couple days ago and we're making our plans to get up there again this winter.