Susky.. Slow Start

Well.. I managed to get a few hours in on the river each of the past three days. The water level is back to normal and just slightly off-color.. perfect! But.. I'm afraid that the masses haven't arrived yet! I did pick up one keeper each day.. including a nice 23 incher, but it's far from "fast and furious". Historically, this it about the time it starts, but with the water so low for so long.. I'm not surprised that things a a bit behind. I'll keep trying though! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris).

Just out of curiousty, how is the river structured-is it flat water, boulders and plunge pools etc? Are you fishing from a boat? Are there areas to shore fish? My graduate work revolves around big river ecology, so I wish I had stomped around the Susky before I moved to Virginia.

RiverEco.. Fishing from an old 14' tin deep-v. Mainly just drifting and jigging or slow-trolling with the electric. The area I fish has a pretty featurless bottom, but does offer some rapid depth changes. Sometimes they're up on the shelves, other times they're in the trenches! Unfortunately for the shore anglers, there's very limited access from shore to most of this area.. and none to the "prime" spots. Hope to be reporting again after this coming weekend! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)