2018 trapping season

stoneam2006

Hey all been awhile since I been on but hoping to be more active for the next few months and will try to keep a trapping log updated. Been a busy summer and fall. Took annual trip up to adks for bear saw nothing and killed a 4 pt with my bow and so far a doe with gun. Also just had a litter of black and tan mixed with my redbone if anyone wants a puppy lol. Had a great summer fishing Erie as well. Trapping line will go in right after Christmas with any luck weather will cooperate. IMG_20181212_062235.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Beaver are fun.

If you get a smart one they can really test your patience.

Taste good to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah I enjoy water trapping. Dont get to do it much as it requires quite a bit more travel for me to do it but this will be a nice addition to my K9 line.....coyotes like it as bait too lol

Strange but I can’t tell you the elation I feel on a day when I check my rat traps along my house foundation and find I caught one of the little buggers. 
There's nothing like. My line would be in opening day if deer hunters (landowners) weren't worried about.me spooking the deer lol. But I am greatful they let me in after the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was planning a trip to the western part of the adaks but the weather shut me out.  Here in Pa it is our week of fisher season and I have some sets out in good locations BUT not on sign like the last few years.  I have no recent trail camera photos of fishers.  My weasel boxes  are getting mice but not the ermine I am setting for.  /doing good on rats, seems to be more and more around each of the last few years and some hit the majic mark of 20 inches.  Today was only my second zero day, so that is good too.   Just a little fur each day is fine with me.  Beaver starts the day after Xmas.  that is it, did not know there was a trapping section here, this is good......jk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jk1 said:

I was planning a trip to the western part of the adaks but the weather shut me out.  Here in Pa it is our week of fisher season and I have some sets out in good locations BUT not on sign like the last few years.  I have no recent trail camera photos of fishers.  My weasel boxes  are getting mice but not the ermine I am setting for.  /doing good on rats, seems to be more and more around each of the last few years and some hit the majic mark of 20 inches.  Today was only my second zero day, so that is good too.   Just a little fur each day is fine with me.  Beaver starts the day after Xmas.  that is it, did not know there was a trapping section here, this is good......jk

Not sure if trapping is allowed in Allegheny ST Park but there are plenty of Fischer in the area and camping available 

Not sure if trapping is allowed in Allegheny ST Park but there are plenty of Fischer in the area and camping available 
Last I checked its not...I wish it was lots of Fox and beaver/rats down in there and only about 20 min from my house....our Fisher season is over down here it's a joke and only 5 days Oct 25-30....furs not prime and middle of the rut....I haven't even set for them since I put the one on my wall the first year it opened

Stone
My opinion of the 5 days of Fisher season is money for dec. So they can sell trapping licenses and say hey, we have a Fisher season.

But it's too short the wrong time of year like you just pointed out.

Also when its mild out early in the season Fisher dont respond to bait as well as when it's cold and they are hungry.

I m sure in dec minds they are giving people opportunity.

Pa does the same stuff. Including charging for permits for bobcat otter Fisher.
Money grab

Stone
My opinion of the 5 days of Fisher season is money for dec. So they can sell trapping licenses and say hey, we have a Fisher season.

But it's too short the wrong time of year like you just pointed out.

Also when its mild out early in the season Fisher dont respond to bait as well as when it's cold and they are hungry.

I m sure in dec minds they are giving people opportunity.

Pa does the same stuff. Including charging for permits for bobcat otter Fisher.
Money grab

Absolutely....i believe this year was the last season of the "study" and now they said they will relook at the season for them.

I'm sure that will go great....not

But I do have my hopes up... hopefully get same dates as Fox and coyotes...

Bobcat season here sux too lol...short and during deer bow season can hunt and trap. But then ends day before rifle season opens so can't shoot them while deer hunting (I agree with that part)....half my trapping property doesn't even allow me to set until today as season ended yesterday.

Thanks to all , here are a few more more last season . Trapping is very relaxing to me . It's also like Christmas everyday when you check your sets . It's a great way to wind down after work with my son . I also feel so close to nature and God when I am making sets . If you don't trap you should get into it . You will love it . 20181219_165739.jpeg20181219_165720.jpeg20181219_165653.jpeg20181219_165633.jpeg20181219_165454.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Not to get off topic of trapping, what are looking to get $ wise out of one of the Male pups Stone? My perchhound is a 1/2 redbone, running Walker & will be 10 yrs this spring. Old & whiteface. I'm not committing, just thinking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm looking for them to go to good homes more than I am money...my dogs I bought for pets with intention on keeping female and male intact to breed down the road a few years as my male is getting older so would keep a male. Well my male had other priorities lol....I left to go to the akds bear hunting when my wife text me freaking out about the "event" we had done good keeping the separated until that point.