Fake teak

jth21usa

15 hours ago, jth21usa said:

Something like seadek how did you start the process?

I called SeaDek up, find the number here http://www.seadek.com/

First step is to order a template kit, they'll mail it to you, basically transparent sheets and you lay it on your deck and draw out the profile with a marker. Send in those, and then they draw up AutoCAD plans of the SeaDeck, which they'll send a pdf to you to approve. Once you approve, they cut and ship to you. It has 3M backing, so you lay it out, and once you have it positioned, use temp tape to keep a few corners in place, then peel and lay it down.  Obviously clean you deck first, don't use anything with PTFE or wax residue.  Wash and then I'd wipe it down with acetone to make sure there's no gunk.  It'll stick really well after that.

I had my boat with the seadek for 2 seasons before I sold the boat. Never had an issue. Really nice stuff.

I have friends who have the PlasDECK on their back decks. It has held up nicely for them. SeaDek is a more cushy decking. I don't know how it would hold up over time, but I bet it feels better than standing on fiberglass all day. I know a few people who had PlasDECK installed at Krenzer Marine in Sodus if you want to call over there.

Edited by Yankee Troller