Late season waterfowl numbers

Hello Kevin. There are a decent amount of divers on the bigger Finger Lakes but the number of big ducks seem to be down. Because of the lack of really cold weather and the high amount of rain and snow melt, there are still a lot of areas of open water the big ducks are using.

• 2 weeks later...

Any action from the finger lakes?  Hunted Oswego on the 26th and saw some birds.  Scoters, Squaw, whistlers, bufflehead and a few broadbills, didn't have a great day of gunning but the potential is there for some success.  It was good to get out there.  The lake was glass calm and the birds were not to active after their morning wing stretches.

Was on Cayuga yesterday. Saw some of the largest flocks of reds I’ve seen in a long time. Very wary. Wanted to stay in middle. Some shooting but not too much as I would of expected from starting out. Lake was calm. Wondering how Sodus is looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Tonawanda-Iroquois has geese still. After dry plucking a goose and cooking it in a crockpot set low for 24 hours in two cans of Progresso beef barley soup I would have to say holy crap it was good! 

We have hunted Cayuga on the days the wind is right. The Bluebills that have been here all fall are still here and there are a good amount of Redheads and Cans also. The big ducks seem to be spread out due to the unusually warm and wet weather. The reports I have heard from Seneca seem to be the same as Cayuga. Because both lakes are so big, other hunters may be seeing something different. Owasco has nowhere near the number of birds on it compared to years past. I have heard Keuka and Coneseius have a good amount of divers.