Garmin echo map 73sv Transducer

Last year i boughta garmin ECHOMAP 73sv. It comes with side vu and down vu imaging.  I tried using it once or twice but side or down imagining did not work. After doin some research i realized i need a different transducer but i am unsure of what transducer i need.  Does anybody have one of these units or any knowledge of garmins and the transducers?  

Thank you I appreciate any input.  

• 3 weeks later...

Specs:

• Built-in support for Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar plus CHIRP ClearVü™ and CHIRP SideVü™ scanning sonars and compatible with Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar (transducers sold separately)

If you have the Echomap Plus 73SV - here is what it normally ships with if a package deal.........

• CV52HW-TM transducer

Here is info I found that should help you....

The Garmin CV transducers do not have a center element but do have two side-facing elements, and therefore, offer better coverage to the sides of the boat. The area directly beneath the boat is covered by the combination of these two elements and will work in waters down to 250 feet deep, in ideal conditions. This technique has been proven in the industry to deliver clear sonar pictures with full coverage under the boat, and the Garmin CV transducers do just that.

The Garmin GT transducers have a center element which allows for improved depth performance over a CV transducer, but a narrower coverage area that limits the display of returns to the side of the boat. Please see the illustration below:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=gIrXJ4RZGm0ypilqQFGs0A&searchQuery=cv

go to the Hull Truth Electronics Forum, and look for Garmin posts...... Semperfifishing (Gil) is pretty much the go to guy for Garmin info and sales..... he's been there for a long time and represents the Garmin products very well...... I purchased an echomap plus 93SV through Gil last winter, but I don't remember what transducer he recommended. You can call him, or email him or PM him and he'll point you in the right direction with good pricing..... as an aside I've been very happy with the unit and xducer..... if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.