Update on my starweld

hookedupf7

On 9/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Hap said:

I have the Sportsman 180. I compared it to a Lund that was for sale locally and it was a no brainer for price and quality. I bought from Brian at Erie Marine, just west of Cleveland and trailered it back to NH. They have some nice new Hewescraft boats for sale or you can order to your liking and wait, which is what I did.

Sportsman 180 home.jpg

Edited by sears82
Just wanted to comment on this great boat

On 9/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, Tyee II said:

The new Hewescraft boats have those rigger brackets welded on right from the factory. Theyre quite rugged just like everything else on their boats.

The brackets are nice but limit your ability to move & position the riggers where you want them. For us Lake O guys who fish with many poles & presentations a track system is a much better option. IMO

The Michigan Hewes dealer orders all his boats with the brackets deleted for this reason. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rookie Fisherman said:

The brackets are nice but limit your ability to move & position the riggers where you want them. For us Lake O guys who fish with many poles & presentations a track system is a much better option. IMO

The Michigan Hewes dealer orders all his boats with the brackets deleted for this reason. 

I agree. My buddy has a 22' Sea Runner and would like to add 2 more riggers but doesn't have many options for doing that with those brackets. He saved a bunch of money though, buying a leftover boat from the west coast, and does just fine running 9-12 rods with his rigger placement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, Bob256 said:

Seems I have to send my Starweld back for warranty work after I kept getting water in my fuel tank and multiple engine services they found the tank has some problems after he pressure checked it. Called rep and he said this boat was already in for gas tank replacement.... now this is a 2012 16DC pro I bought in March 2018 as a new boat that never sold. A leftover they powered with a 90 eTec so I’m not sure what to think now ... but I have to get it to a dealer 2 hours away bought it in PA 4 hour drive then they are going to truck it to Indiana

😞 walleye get hot here real soon plus I’m gonna be out for waterfowl not to mention all the cash I burned fixing the engine that they said water damage isn’t covered on my 90 eTec  so I sit here processing everything I seen this post and  

now here I am. Hope it all works out any updates? Wanted to know what to expect 

Almost 3 months since I’ve seen my boat. Smokercraft found some aftermarket fuel sending unit they refused to cover and told me to contact Towne Marine who is requesting all communications from myself and smokercraft and work orders. Finally fed up with all this I contacted the Attorney General from NY. 

• Like 1