Family over trophy 08'

Tank

The last few years have been tough on trophy hunting with my two boys missing me when I'm at camp..so the last few years I have taken smaller bucks. Saturday night one of my boys cried to me on the phone that he missed me......so I decided to take the next buck that came by....well I missed that one Sunday morning, but I didn't miss the one below. I had two bucks in front of me and they were posturing up on eachother. Cool hunt and I shot him at 18 yards and dropped him where he stood(single lung and broke the shoulder on the opposite side). Great hunt and home to see the boys!! Still feels great to take a deer with bow!! Did see some big bucks this weekend, but didn't have shots...they'll have to wait for shotgun! Good luck to all! Tank

Halloween08and11208bowbuck021.jpg

Halloween08and11208bowbuck015.jpg

Thanks Rob, Scott and T-barb, I hear ya can't wait for the boys to join me..they already want to go, they have both already been out during gun season on a retrieval(close to camp). Scott..I live in that world too..too funny, but pulls at the heartstrings...Tank