Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sk8man

Wanted Mag 10A Old Style Emergency Handle

In search of : (Hoping someone held on to one of these dinosaur handles that they don't need. :lol:)

10Aoldhandle.jpg

Thanks Gary

I believe that is the one Gary thanks . I'll PM you.

Never needed one, but would like one too, now what are the chances of 2 of these being around....
Thanks Scott

Sent from my SM-T280 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This might be for the manuals, I don’t know- I’m sure someone will be happy to inform usf2db20b356d426916331a35b7eeeaa50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm quite sure it is the one for the electric Mag 10A. I may have inadverantly thrown out 2 of them embedded in the styrofoam boxes the Mag 10A's came in back in 1984 or 85 when I purchased them from Canandaigua Fishing Tackle. (I'm sure some still remember that store and greatly miss it:smile:) The handle designed for the downriggers after that point was a different design and won't fit or work on the older downriggers.

Edited by Sk8man

Hand Crank search

I found my original cannon manual, the riggers I have the Cannon Marlin MS10A w short shop. On the boom is Magnum10A and manual even shows the part number for the hand crank 1202002. I have no idea what it should look like, but if there is one out there I would like to buy it.

thanks Scott

IMG_9840.JPG

Edited by scobar
typo

I all probability it is the same as pictured above. The emergency handle on later models had two fittings that were offset in opposite directions. The Marlin was a saltwater version of the Mag 10A.

image.jpeg.f24280af086a4a233fd4f7edda9c05c7.jpeg

Edited by Sk8man

The last one i have is pictured in the above post string on 12/25  has NO markings on it but it does not appear to be homemade.  I tried it on an old mag 10 I have and you loosen up the drag knob slip the handle in and tighten down.  Seems to work- hard to tell for sure when everything is butt freezing cold up here.

I have one that I'm currently not using since I changed downriggers. The problem is that they are so hard to find at the moment and if I go back to my Cannon DT 20's at some point I will regret selling it. Did you ever try bringing up a 12-14 weight by hand down 110 feet when your downrigger shorts out. Not much fun! Good luck in your search and I will let you know if I see one for sale.