Cayuga Day late Xmas Gift from Cayuga

Had some time this afternoon so headed to Dean's and on the water by 2:30.  Went North and zigzagged from 60-150 fow in search of fish.  The screen had the most marks throughout the water column in 110-130 fow.  Tinkered with speed from 1.6-2.3 and  adjusted lure depths a few times.  Finally found hungry lake trout down 80 feet.  Picked up 3 stout fish off the chute copper with a flasher/fly.  They liked the speed below 2.0.   3 other times that rod fired but fish didn't hook up.   One laker took a spoon off the rigger also at 80 feet down.    Plenty of fish were higher in the column but they were not buying what I was selling.  Off the water at 4:30 and a fish fry with the family for dinner.  Plenty of fillets left so excited to try out the smoker my wife gave me for Christmas.  Hoping this Winter has more calm days like today!

No ice yesterday.  Water is down but the pad at Dean's carries out enough for now.   If the lake dropped another foot it might be a problem for a deep V.  First time I've launched in winter and my Wellcraft Walkaround was fine.  If memory serves me in past years February and March the lake is often lower than it is now so not sure about Dean's then but maybe could fit under the bridge at Taughannock at that water level.

16 hours ago, cny_mike said:

how is the shore ice and depth at this launch? I have a 16.5 footer deep V and often this time of year I am fighting shore ice, or low water making launching a problem. Thanks!

As long as it's not frozen you will be able to get out there all year. If you want something other than Laker's I would go to T falls.