Diawa sealine reels

I just replaced all of my old accudepth reels with new sealine 47 reels for spring browns . These will be my board rods with 12 big game . I was thinking of getting two 57 size reels for my downrigger rods . Spolled with 30 big game for summer kings . They seem like a nice reel but will they hold up to kings ?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sealines will be fine for Kings. Jumping up in size doesn't give you anything but more capacity, which you really don't need for rigger rods. I typically downsize my rigger reels compared to my board rods because I don't need the capacity.

Edited by Tyee II

48 minutes ago, fishinfreak said:

I just replaced all of my old accudepth reels with new sealine 47 reels for spring browns . These will be my board rods with 12 big game . I was thinking of getting two 57 size reels for my downrigger rods . Spolled with 30 big game for summer kings . They seem like a nice reel but will they hold up to kings ?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would go with the Saltists over the sealines for Kings. 

The Daiwa Sealine's are all you need for Great Lakes fishing. The Saltist are nice if you have room in the budget for them.

Sealine 27 - Great for Walleye and Spring Browns

Sealine 47 - Great for Kings used as Downrigger or Dispey reels

Sealine 57 - Great reel for a "junk line" reel.

Saltist 20 - Great for Walleye and Spring Browns

Saltist 30 - Great for Kings used as Downrigger or Dispey reels

Saltist 40/50 - Great reel for a "junk line" reel.

1 hour ago, sherman brown said:

the sealine 47 reels will work great for kings and last you for many many yrs. the sealine sg47lc5 is on sale at cabelas.com for 69.88 each with free shipping. your not going to beat that price on a sealine reel. the sglc3b left hand reels is the same price.

Just bought a bunch of the 47’s. That is a great short core reel for the Walleye guys to. You can’t beat that price. Crazy good deal