Looking for kicker steering options

I looking for some affordable steering options. I have and older open now with a Minn Kota trolling motor on the front. I just bought an '02 Honda 8hp 4 stroke kicker. It is currently mounted to the top of the transom. Autopilots like the TR-1 aren't in the cards this year. I was looking into a ez steer or something like the troll master. What are my best options that's not going to kill my wallet. My biggest thing is wanting to control boat better than just the tiller handle but also want to steer with it if necessary. Thanks20190101_124301.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just tie the 2 motors in the front. If you look underneath, you'll see a 2 bolt flat. Bend a 90 degree angle to a piece of stainless and a tie rod and you're in. If you look at my post on this thread, you'll see the pics I posted and get some ideas from other guys.

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/72512-tie-bar-for-kicker/?tab=comments#comment-539466

I have the PYTHON steering and for me this is the cats meow!! Its controlled with a remote on a lanyard it has a couple built in tricks like long sweeping turns and I think it has a speed up then slow down. But I'm coupling the PYTHON steering with a i troll with all kinds of infinite throttle controls and all different kinds of programs to add different trolling programs speed up stop or almost stop yet keeps from having a knotted up mess. I'd definitely looks into this. You can get whatever strikes your fancy. The python system $ 600. And change and the I troll is $265-300 plus so $900+ or $1900.00 for others. Just FYI. Or the old tie rods to both motors plus needing a captain at all times. The EZ STEER I used for years before going with the PYTHON.

• Like 1

I have the kicker right on my transom as well the panther is the ideal option if you don’t have budget for auto pilot I had to cut mine but that’s it. On the package it tells you to bend if needed and the main motor end clamps to the steering arm so it is highly adjustable to fit as needed it takes about a second to connect and disconnect from inside the boat without having to lean out

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Amazon has tie rod ends for mowers less than 10.  A piece of threaded rod and a couple of jam nuts from your hardware store.  Connect them at the front of the motors.  Drill holes if you have to.  We did my brothers boat at less than 20 bucks.  Its at least as user friendly as my ez steer. (I have a stern drive, ez steer is the option)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...