Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IMG_4482.JPGIMG_4484.JPGIMG_4486.JPGIMG_4487.JPGIMG_4496.JPGIMG_4491.JPGIMG_4497.JPGIMG_4490.JPGIMG_4493.JPGIMG_4498.JPG

Asking 4800$ or best offer (I have all the paperwork for the boat and trailer).Trailer has brand new tires from last year, and was just re-wired last year. The floor was replaced this past spring; 3/4 inch marine grade wood sealed and covered with new carpet, and new pressure treated 2x4’s put in for support. Comes with 2 Lowrance electronic units, and fish hawk X4 unit with temperature/speed probe. 2 Great Lakes rod trees with planer board reels (line just replaced). 2 Cannon electric down riggers and down rigger weights. 2 batteries both new. 2 Amish Outfitter 36” trolling bags. Has been a terrific boat, excellent on gas and has caught a lot of fish! References from Great Lake fisherman are available who have fished on the boat! Contact Dan at (315)382-2713 or [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It looks nice for a '78. The pressure treated wood will eat through the aluminum

How hard would it be to get to that pressure treated wood in order to replace it ?

45 minutes ago, Trouthunter said:

What size motor do you have in her

It looks like a nineties 4 banger,that would make it a fuel sipper.

What I really like about the Chieftains is the heavy duty keel and hull. They stopped making that quality in the mid eighties to save aluminum.

It looks like a nineties 4 banger,that would make it a fuel sipper.
What I really like about the Chieftains is the heavy duty keel and hull. They stopped making that quality in the mid eighties to save aluminum.

It is a 90’s 4 banger 140 hp, however it is unbelievable on gas. It has 2 fuel tanks, I can troll almost an entire weekend on one tank. As you said, Hull is heavy, it’s a solid boat but can still get up and go when you want to make a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thinkin Big,  Just to let you know,  not ALL pressure treated lumber attacks aluminum.  
they have developed a new specification for the chemical that IS compatible with aluminum.
For example, if you bought the plywood at Lowes, their suppliers use "Ecolife" .  You can Google that specification and it specifically states that it is now safe for aluminum products.

15 hours ago, Topcat said:

Thinkin Big,  Just to let you know,  not ALL pressure treated lumber attacks aluminum.  
they have developed a new specification for the chemical that IS compatible with aluminum.
For example, if you bought the plywood at Lowes, their suppliers use "Ecolife" .  You can Google that specification and it specifically states that it is now safe for aluminum products.

Thanks, Yes i have also done quite a bit of research on this since this was all brought up. I did purchase the materials from Lowes in Cortland (where I live and where the boat is located). The lumber I used was "Marine Grade" 3/4 inch and I sealed it. Again, There were only 3 supports that I added, which are all located in the back of the boat, under the dog house surrounding the motor mount where people are standing a lot to set gear. Solid Boat