Dipsy rod spacing

Been running dipsy for many years but want to change my rod holders (locations) to ratcheting, most likely the Traxtech. 

My question is how close together can I install the rod holders (2) on same side. I am limited to about  22" between a downrigger and a tree. I will install a track.

thanks

Edited by scobar

Looks like I have plenty of room then for ratcheting rod holders, hope to see some good cash deals at the Niagara Falls show in a few weeks, right now I like the Traxtech Gt100 rod holders

1 hour ago, scobar said:

Looks like I have plenty of room then for ratcheting rod holders, hope to see some good cash deals at the Niagara Falls show in a few weeks, right now I like the Traxtech Gt100 rod holders

Got 2 of those last year and no complaints. Sounds like you have plenty of spacing. You do have a tendency to forget they ratchet when that rod gets pumping though.  :lol:

I was using the cannon ratcheting holders and loved them. but they only have 5 or 6 up and down positions where the traxstech has 17 for fine tuning your holders. the one thing I liked most about the cannon holders was they could be set down with one hand where the traxstech holders takes both hands. and I already had the cannon but sold them to buy the traxstech holders. I have a 24" track and run 3 holders about 8" between the holders. I use a 7' 8' and 9' rod for my divers but still want to adjust the front holders up just a bit.

the cannon holders are around 80.00 at amazon where the traxstech are around 130.00.

Edited by sherman brown
more info

Just something to keep in mind: like many installation issues in boats it pays to actually set up the items in the boat with the equipment that will be used specifically in or with them. Sometimes little things can potentially become big unanticipated problems spacially when just considering one measurement dimension or another without visually seeing things in action. For example something as simple as a reel with a power handle might not "fit" with other items close by when actually placed in the holder or the available position angles of a particular brand of holder may not present the range of displacement you want for multiple items....sometimes you may even wish to mix compatible brands to achieve this etc. You usually learn important things by doing a "mock up" before actual installation and can avoid some headaches.with any of this stuff.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man

On 1/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, Reel Overtime said:

I am about 6-8 also and just went to the cisco cradle for my dippsy rods,  I also have 8.5 and 10' rods to seperate...

How do you like those cradles? I actually bought two for Dipsy rods on my boat

I have 2 cisco holders up in the bow due to butt ends sticking into work area. Up front they are right in front of window which is out of the way but we do have to run to the bow to get them. I think with the tube style I can get 4 rods at the rear sides a little easier and faster to grab.

19' boat