Sea Nymph GLS 220

chinook35

Just picked up a new ( to me ) boat. Took owners word that it was winterized 3 years ago ( last time on the water). Mercruiser 3.0 liter 130 hp alpha 1 has aluminum deck ( that sold me ) no wood Will post pics when I can get to it. Parked in back of guys garage 100 yds off the road Bought it right. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hope that it will be a good boat for you. See if you can take the plugs out and pour some transmission oil in the cylinder heads to loosen up the pistons and rings. Just let it sit for a day or two and then see if you can turn it over

Edited by rolmops

I hope that it will be a good boat for you. See if you can take the plugs out and pour some transmission oil in the cylinder heads to loosen up the pistons and rings. Just let it sit for a day or two and then see if you can turn it over

More of a project boat at this point. I have a pretty good handle on marine engines. Going to be a while before I can get it home and start checking things out. Cosmetically it looks like it was taken care of. Interior is in good shape. A little fogging oil and turn engine over by hand is the ticket. Gas is probably varnish by now.

More of a project boat at this point. I have a pretty good handle on marine engines. Going to be a while before I can get it home and start checking things out. Cosmetically it looks like it was taken care of. Interior is in good shape. A little fogging oil and turn engine over by hand is the ticket. Gas is probably varnish by now.

I have a 93 GLS with an alum floor. The cover over the gas tank however is wood.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a 93 GLS with an alum floor. The cover over the gas tank however is wood.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I believe that’s a good thing. Access to fuel tank and sender without having to cut aluminum plate. Lol

• 2 months later...
Wow she is a beauty. I'm partial to these rigs

Been sitting there since 2013. I can’t wait to bring it home. Fingers crossed it was prepared for storage/ winterized. Previous owner assured me it was done. So far he’s been a man of his word.

Canvas is all in good shape interior is very good. Fingers crossed

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chinook35 said:

Finally able to get to the boat and take a few pics . Let the outfitting begin $$$$$$$ . lol  In the market for Cannon Mag 10 HS riggers

019.JPG

022.JPG

I saw a set of riggers for sale in the Brewerton fire house today

• 1 month later...

The weather finally cooperated enough to work on the “new” boat. Changed oil and filter. Drained 25 gallons of 8 year old gas , soaked cylinders with marvel mystery oil. New plugs , cleaned points And crossed my fingers. Started and ran like a Swiss watch. But the raw water pump is fried. Started to overheat. New project. But no sign of freeze damage. Sigh of relief

But the way. I was under the impression it had been used in the past 3 years. Found out it had not seen the water since 2011.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well here’s an update on the “project “. Things were good from the start. Boat was winterized. Drained 29 gallons of old gas. Fresh oil and filter. Fuel /water separator.cleaned and gapped points. New battery. Starts and purrs like a kitten. Here are a few pics. Has some issues from sitting for so long but seems sound. Am adding 12 inches to tongue. New tires. Hope to sea trial over Memorial Day before outfitting for salmon IMG_0867.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_0872.JPG

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just picked up a new ( to me ) boat. Took owners word that it was winterized 3 years ago ( last time on the water). Mercruiser 3.0 liter 130 hp alpha 1 has aluminum deck ( that sold me ) no wood Will post pics when I can get to it. Parked in back of guys garage 100 yds off the road Bought it right. Fingers crossed

Just happened on original post from last year. Here’s the ( never ) finished project. Caught a ton of fish in Aug and Sept https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/uploads/monthly_2019_12IMG_0967.JPGIMG_1018.JPG=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=74288]Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I would upgrade to a Petronix system and lose the points. And use there coil , different ( ohms or resistance ) than what's on your engine now. Generally cleaning the points is a stop gap measure as the " plating" is now sanded off and pitting will soon follow. Also seems to improve starting and low speed , as in trolling , performance. 

• Like 1

^^ X2.  But throw the old points and condenser in a ziploc and put them in your boat just in case...If the Pertronix fails you can swap out those parts for the old ones and still get home...The flamethrower coil is what really made the difference in my boat.

^^ X2.  But throw the old points and condenser in a ziploc and put them in your boat just in case...If the Pertronix fails you can swap out those parts for the old ones and still get home...The flamethrower coil is what really made the difference in my boat.

I bought a complete EST ignition system this winter. I had that system on a 1992 3.0 liter and liked it  I’ll install it in the springIMG_1213.JPG

I bought a complete EST ignition system this winter. I had that system on a 1992 3.0 liter and liked it  I’ll install it in the springIMG_1213.JPG.5bb07811c5a79db25dd0df71f7171fb7.JPG

Good luck with the boat. I have an Islander with the same motor love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United