First Time Ever...

Todd in NY

This is the first off-season that I'm not shopping for a "new" boat, or fishing gear, or boat gear.

I'm completely satisfied with my 1988 Crestliner Sabre 220. I spent much of 2018 rewiring the boat, adding a Hummingbird 1198 SI/DI/GPS and a Lowrance HDS8, as well as a 15hp Evinrude kicker. I added a bunch of new fishing gear as well. I got some good fishing trips in last year and caught some nice fish.

It feels good to have the right boat and all the gear I need for many years to come. I still like to follow "This Old Boat" section to see what kind of projects everyone is involved with.

I can't believe it either same situation. I have more than 1 person can use in a years time in lures, spoons. I have enough poles and reel than I'll use this entire coming season. I've run into deals on spoons of every color brand size and same as lures!! Lots are still in the package but not "per say" brand new. I actually don't have a need to buy anything in the bait end of the stick. I've been a lowrance guy for ever, I got the Bass Pro Master catalog and I'm thinking they came out with a new version of the ti version but yet I got a email from our local Cabelas and no mention of the ti and the only thing that I would like to update is my lowrance Elite series to the Hook9 but the new Ti series if I'm correct in my mind I can almost move to the 10" screen although I have no room to be honest for that big of a screen. So I'll be watching this. I have no desire to just spend the money to have the greastest-newest as I'm happy with what I have. 99% of everything I have is second hand and that's allowed me to be where I am in the items needed to be successful. While I know we got off track I just wanted to let the new folks know there's nothing wrong with second hand stuff that you can see both sides of the items. Every one have a great 2019 season. Looking like it's going to be a early brown season but enough time for O'l Man Winter to raise Havoc, time will tell.

Edited by Xxx
  • Like 1

i have a 1995 crestliner eagle 23 1/2 ft. i love this boat. i went through 5 boats in seven years finally found one i love and will keep ALL WELDED no rivets. very high sides handles everything....

very pleased have it almost 5 seasons now,great fishing machine.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, just me said:

i have a 1995 crestliner eagle 23 1/2 ft. i love this boat. i went through 5 boats in seven years finally found one i love and will keep ALL WELDED no rivets. very high sides handles everything....

very pleased have it almost 5 seasons now,great fishing machine.

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:

7 hours ago, NymphO said:

U guys are all lying to yourselves !!! Always room for new gear , and always something on the to get list.

I'll bet you a beer, before the season breaks, you buy SOMETHING.

You might be right about "wanting" more, but I have everything I "need":thinking:

Does the wish list ever go away? Nope.

If I buy something for the 2019 fishing season, I promise to post a pic of it here on this thread:smile:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

You might be right about "wanting" more, but I have everything I "need":thinking:

Does the wish list ever go away? Nope.

If I buy something for the 2019 fishing season, I promise to post a pic of it here on this thread:smile:

LOL, yes the desires are always there!! It’s like a drug, the old saying goes JUST SAY NO!!

• Like 1